Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Combine Itens on Hero

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know how to edit the items that are combined in the hero? already checked the file ItemCombine.dat, but it is not what I wanted ... I want to put the players to farm items and combine the hero to get DA for example... also thought to use the craft to do this ... someone could show me the way to solve my little problem?

Thks in advance,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are wanting to create a brand new combination?
from scratch? or just edit an existing one?

To save a bit of time until you answer

Creating from scratch:
if you are, you will have to change 4 files
Linkedstuff.dat
Linkedresult.dat
combinetable.dat
And the one client side to match

If editting current item: find the combination in itemcombine.dat table and track it then change
linkedstuff.dat
linkedresult.dat

Editting current is a boatload easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are wanting to create a brand new combination?
from scratch? or just edit an existing one?

To save a bit of time until you answer

Creating from scratch:
if you are, you will have to change 4 files
Linkedstuff.dat
Linkedresult.dat
itemcombine.dat
And the one client side to match

If editting current item: find the combination in itemcombine.dat table and track it then change
linkedstuff.dat
linkedresult.dat

Editting current is a boatload easier.

Thks for answear jbrannon2

But I cant found how to make Superior Armor (lv 60) or how to make Lv 50/45 Leons in itemcombine.dat. I wanna change a existing combination, but I cant found this in itemcombine.dat, I think it is in another file...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thks for answear jbrannon2

But I cant found how to make Superior Armor (lv 60) or how to make Lv 50/45 Leons in itemcombine.dat. I wanna change a existing combination, but I cant found this in itemcombine.dat, I think it is in another file...

oh crap, sorry, had it wrong, it's combinetable.dat

was tired last night and posted from memory and didn't double check

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh crap, sorry, had it wrong, it's combinetable.dat

was tired last night and posted from memory and didn't double check

Thks very much... I will try this when come back from my work... I thank the attention and help... when try I will post the response here, thks again...

Thks again jbrannon2, its done and is all I want, xD

only server side right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know? how to edit the Combine itens in hero, client side?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its in ItemCombine.edf, you need to sync the server and client side to make a new combination to worked

OK, thks for answear dpman, now I need to found a head from client side to make the strs, or how to make this head with IDAPRO, I'll search and learn how to make this head file to make the strs, xD, thks again dpman...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, why in my CombineTable.dat have many files that start with LL or LR??? Like this:

ComineTable - Combine Itens on Hero - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm looking for the combine armor class C, and I found this many LL and LR, this itens I can't add with GM code ingame. Anyone know what these letters mean?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Pokemon Tamer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
the left column is the code of items that can be used to combine an item, you can see it in linkedstuff.dat, and the right column is the code result from combining those materials, you can see it in linkedresult.dat

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the left column is the code of items that can be used to combine an item, you can see it in linkedstuff.dat, and the right column is the code result from combining those materials, you can see it in linkedresult.dat

lol, you are a genius... thanks for sharing your knowledge...

Upvote 0
Leech feeder.
Reaction score
the linkedstuff and result are just "arrays" or lists of items assigned to one group name.
So instead of having loads of entries for each item combination possible, you can sue the list of items instead.

However, creating from scratch has ... one problem i couldn't solve yet - and i wasn't gonna spend much time on it.

The "failure" part will usually end up with a error instead and no items gets destroyed. Not sure if it was a specific problem for me or its general issue.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to just change the results ... and enjoy what is already done on the server. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
as stated editting current (changing results) is a ton easier. I have created new from scratch but it took me the better part of 4 months of looking at it, testing, tweaking the strs, editting some more to finally do it.

most of the strs out there for combinetable.dat are just enough to open it up and line up. many columns are grouped together as CSTR64s and they need to be broken way way way down.

like boxitemout, you have to be below a certain number on your 'chance' per item overall or it won't work correct either

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, one of the reasons I just change the result, it is because I do not have the STRS from ItemCombine.edf ... but for now changing as the result will come close to what I wanted to offer my future players... Later on, when I have more experience and knowledge as you, I can change any combination and maybe even create some...
Thanks for listening my friend.

Upvote 0
Leech feeder.
Reaction score
So in the end u didn't end up with any errors and items did get destroyed on failure?
So lets say result has 3 items and their total success rates will make 40% (eg..1000 +2000 + 1000, while 10k = 100%) However the game reads rest the result blocks until it hits the end or 100% - so in this case it will go to look for empty ones that has -1 value and ends up with a error.
Ofc u could set it so that u get 100% total with item upgrades but then u wouldn't be able to fail (important for rare to get items).

It does work for any existing or already enabled formula, but not with any that was set disabled or new ones. Making me think there is another file somehow connected to it - however i didn't find it.

Like enable the 55 weapon combination that's disabled by default. Instead of blowing up 2 random items it ends up wit ha error when it hits a empty result.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What if i want to use 5 sloted items for combination? where can be slots found?

Upvote 0
Back