Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] A couple of client side questions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

A few questions I can't seem to find the answers to, I'm using 2232 client and server from this site:

How do I change the in game font, not the effects font, but the chat font etc, i've tried font.ini, but it doesn't seem to read that file?

How do I turn off the bad language content filter? I did find a post about it once, but search has come up with nothing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really wish it were that simple.... I'm asking these questions due to exhausting all the avenues I've searched. I know the bad language filter is to do with the .dic files but its enrypted or something, and so I can't understand it, there are patches on other forums, but the ones i've seen said they don't work with later clients from 2008. Hence why I'm here.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
System/Font.ini > try change to Arial / Times New Roman / Tahoma / Verdana

I tried that, orginally its something in Korean, but it doesn't read the file, I've even deleted the file for a test, and no errors, the same ugly console font. I was wondering if it was in the rf_online.bin I've looked in IDA a couple of times for it, but I'm a noob when it comes to reverse engineering, a simple "font" search didn't show anything to me that I could use. The RF_Online.bin I'm using is the USA one on this site, the odd thing is that it loads up in Russian, so I copied the en-gb folder into the ru-ru and that works, but still odd.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
uhm weird, or can u try with clean client? like RF Reactor or RF GC USA

also try this.
if 223, can be on Datatable/en-gb/
or 2232, Datatable/

I'm currently using the PlayRF client thats on this site. I changed the ones in en-gb and ru-ru, but again that didn't change anything :(

Upvote 0
Reaction score
for your question
How do I turn off the bad language content filter? I did find a post about it once, but search has come up with nothing

you can found @ folder
DataTable/en-gb/Aua.dic
DataTable/en-gb/Iua.dic

*notes :
en-gb if you using english language
ru-ru if you using russian language

Upvote 0
Reaction score
for your question

you can found @ folder
DataTable/en-gb/Aua.dic
DataTable/en-gb/Iua.dic

*notes :
en-gb if you using english language
ru-ru if you using russian language

Anyone figured out how to open these or edit them? Been trying to find a tool the past few hours.

Upvote 0
Back