Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, i want to ask...

Ryan Hidayat - [SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size? - RaGEZONE Forums

What is this?
And how to calculate?

i'v create my own Dat Editor with PHP...

Upload the .dat file and .strs > store it to mysql database > CRUD ( cread read update delete ) > export

and its works well, but i think that "Size" need to be sync when i create or deleting a row...

can someone explain how to calculate that "size" ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size?

The size column is the total amount of bytes in each block. In your screenshot, Your CashShop file should have exactly 240 bytes per block.

You should never need to change or recalculate this. This tells the server how many bytes to read when loading each block. If the size is changed the file won't load properly. Adding or deleting rows does not affect the block size at all.

Check your output file header and see what size you are generating compared to the original file. Your size will be incorrect if you are not writing the values back to the new file in the appropriate data formats.

Use a hex editor and hex compare the original file versus the new one. You will immediately see where you are writing the improper data and will be able to adjust your script accordingly.

Here is an example explanation on Exp.dat. Right click the image and open in a new tab to see the full size. RZ sucks at resizing images in posts.

2pGmLVO - [SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size? - RaGEZONE Forums

HtQolxR - [SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

The size column is the total amount of bytes in each block. In your screenshot, Your CashShop file should have exactly 240 bytes per block.

You should never need to change or recalculate this. This tells the server how many bytes to read when loading each block. If the size is changed the file won't load properly. Adding or deleting rows does not affect the block size at all.

Check your output file header and see what size you are generating compared to the original file. Your size will be incorrect if you are not writing the values back to the new file in the appropriate data formats.

Use a hex editor and hex compare the original file versus the new one. You will immediately see where you are writing the improper data and will be able to adjust your script accordingly.

Here is an example explanation on Exp.dat. Right click the image and open in a new tab to see the full size. RZ sucks at resizing images in posts.

2pGmLVO - [SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size? - RaGEZONE Forums

HtQolxR - [SOLVED] [HELP] Blocks, Column & Size ( .DAT ) What is Size? - RaGEZONE Forums

whoah thanks very much for explaining RON...
So, if i increase the "Size", thats mean i added new "Column"?

but, thanks you very much... Topic Solved :love:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score

whoah thanks very much for explaining RON...
So, if i increase the "Size", thats mean i added new "Column"?

but, thanks you very much... Topic Solved :love:

That is correct. Bigger size = more bytes in the block = more columns.

You're welcome!

Good luck with the PHP editor project. I'm kind of curious about it so if you want to share some info feel free to PM me. I always like to see people working on something new.

Upvote 0
Back