Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Upgrading Fact in RF Online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, i would like to ask for Upgrading Fact in RF Online.

There's Upgrading Rumor My friend told me Which Is:
1. If you use Shiny Lucky Gem (T6) from +1 to +5, its upgrade chance will get reduce each time you upgrade. Example, When upgrading Relic Grade Items. You have to use lower grade gems such as t4 from +1 to +2, use t5 to +3 and t6 to + 4- 5
2. You have to be in some map with less player for greater success rate (Example Sitting in middle of Armory 213, Solus or Numerus)
3. You have good success rate if your race Won Chip War and have Heroes Roar Buff.
4. You have good success rate after Server Maintenance.
5. You must have good stable connection. More lag means more failure rate.

Can someone tells me the fact about how the upgrade works? Do i have to do ritual above to be successful in upgrading? Thank You!

Reaction score
that is a myth an urban legend ._.
1. no, it's the same
2. the function didn't even check where you are, let alone checking if you are in crowd or alone
3. the function didn't even check whether your race is winning chip war or not, let alone having roar buff or not
4. meh, NO
5. ummmm,.. also a no

basically it's all depend on your luck whether your "your chance" > rand() function :D:
it's just that jewel such as T6 add more value to "your chance"
higher tier give higher value.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
that is a myth an urban legend ._.
1. no, it's the same
2. the function didn't even check where you are, let alone checking if you are in crowd or alone
3. the function didn't even check whether your race is winning chip war or not, let alone having roar buff or not
4. meh, NO
5. ummmm,.. also a no

basically it's all depend on your luck whether your "your chance" > rand() function :D:
it's just that jewel such as T6 add more value to "your chance"
higher tier give higher value.
Can you tell me the difference between t5 and t6 from their data function? I heard many player got more success with t5 than t6 and they claimed the t6's are bugged.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
they claim its bugged coz it failed with them LOL,, i always use low gem for low upgrades since i do not want to spend all my mats on it... and ppl usually after get out of resources say something like that? aw T6 its bugged I couldn```t upgrade using it (ofc, you was thinking its 100% upgrade rate using T6 and wasted it with +1 ups) high upgrades are difficult than low T6 got +0.25 chances than T5 for each piece if Im not mistaken

Upvote 0
Reaction score
even if you have 99% chance of success and 1% of failure, it's still not a guarantee that you will success
1% in upgrade chance mean 1000 number,
so if you threw a coin with range between 0-100000
99% mean you will success if you throw a value less than 99000
so there's still 1000 number between 99000-100000 that will make you failure that is for 1% of failure, imagine you had 3%, or even 30%, or even more :D:
I've just make a tool to calculate/emulate upgrade rate, so that is what I understand so far.
in the end it's just their luck on random number, even if you had 1% of success, if you are lucky enough to gain number lower than 508, then without any jewel, you could upgrade man eater lv 45 to +4 with just a talic without any jewel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back