Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] GTA Network (GTA:V Multiplayer Modification)

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Biesnis - [Discussion] GTA Network (GTA:V Multiplayer Modification) - RaGEZONE Forums

As most of you know: The current most popular GTA:V MP Mod with the biggest player base is GTA Network. But, what do you think about GTA Network?

GTA Network is new and it's still being updated a lot. The player base is low, but the mod seems to be ready for use. The player base is growing daily. GTA Network is written (server sided) in C#. However, the client sided code is JavaScript. You have an ACL tool to specify which role has access to specific commands.

The synchronisation (according to several videos) looks smooth. There are some delays and exceptions, but it's way smoother than GTA SA:MP. Obviously your own network speed is involved in the synchronisation process as well.

I personally am not experienced with GTA Network. Whenever I have time I'd love to give it a try and write my opinion. I haven't done a lot of research yet, so I'm not sure how the ACL tool works and why you would create Client Sided scripts. Looking back at SA:MP and MTA:SA, this wasn't needed unless you wanted to create your own graphics or you want the client to send specific commands to the server because it isn't supported by GTA Network natively. About the ACL tool. In Zend Framework I've been working a lot with ACL. So I suspect to create roles for your server, you cannot simply do it the way you did it in MTA:SA and SA:MP. You would be required to officially register a role so you can use the ACL. ACL is awesome, but I'm not sure how it works in GTA Network yet.

This weekend I will start to install GTA Network and do some tests with it. Creating small features, commands, checking out what GTA Network is capable of.

What is your experience with GTA Network, what do you think about, etc?

Reaction score
I've messed around a fair bit with GTANetwork, and i'm pretty impressed. I can compare it easily to SA:MP, even with the programming side of things being completely different.

There's support for a LOT of things, though when writing my test scripts sometimes I had to figure out tricks to do things the way I wanted to do them because at that stage it wasn't fully supported.

All in all it's pretty damn fun to use, though I can't really find the time for it these days, but it's good to see something with potential get out there all these years after GTA:V was released and many online experiences that failed and flopped.

Pretty awesome to see this section too.

Reaction score
I see the current two most popular GTA:V Multiplayer mods and must say that GTA:Network is more like MTA. And FiveM more like SA:MP.

Why is GTA:Network like MTA? GTA:N is more flexible. Their scripting system reminds me of MTA and I do think they took a lot of inspiration from it.
FiveM is limited like crazy. Since it uses (As far as I know) some kind of weird P2P action instead of a real custom server structure. Thats why FiveM has traffic and GTA:N doesn't. I started playing and making some small things on both mods. And must say GTA:N is always my choice. Hell I don't like having to send 1000000 messages to the client just to do things. (Thats what you've to do with FiveM.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As i know, Now FiveM sync better than GTA:N, just like MTA and SA-MP about 10 years ago, LOL
And FiveM open-source, GTA:N doesn't

Reaction score
FiveM wasn't open-source to begin with so.. Things can change.
And FiveM's sync is terrible. As long as you've a good connection it might be better. But when you've only the slightest dip in your ping, everything goes nuts in FiveM.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But in my country (vietnam) it's a big problem :D 45$ is a high price for a game and they think :

"why did I spend 1/3 of my monthly salary to buy a game when i can play a pirated version for free ?"

Reaction score
I'd say supporting pirated GTA would be cool, would allow for more people to play. Sure it would be easier to come back after a ban but more people vs a lot less people but more safe ... idk

You do the math.
I think it'd be very beneficial to the community. I myself as a kid used a pirated version of San Andreas to play SA:MP and MTA:SA, and I can easily say I wasn't the only one.

To allow this with GTA:V would be a very good thing, though as it was already pointed out there would be a lack of repercussions were somebody to cheat.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
After a dispute a few months back, part of the development team from GTANetwork took the source code and started their own client called GT-MP. GTANetwork now seems to be completely dead.

Link:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is absolutely insane...seriously, I need to give this a shot. I agree with the fact that it should support pirated GTA, but I'm not so sure how easy that'd even be....

Back