Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why No One Wants To Keep A3 Alive ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean , Day by day
new systems and new specs are being released in few years.
But the problem with all who know about A3 server Creation don't want to release any updates.

1st - There are no fresh files to Create this MMORPG server.

2nd - No one has any idea how to correctly install and run this A3 server on Win 7 and Win 8 64bit.

3rd - Currently all files available are not up to date or some thing doesnt work properly.

4th - SQL server 2000 doesn't support this new OS and has problem with DATABASE Backup files which always shows "THE CURRENT DATABASE FILES WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO RESTORE IS CORRUPT OR CANNOT BE READ"

5th - Tried SQL server 2005 , SQL server 2008 , SQL server 2012. <Still Same Result With Everything>

6th - The Tutorials Available on Forums Are not complete "They Don't Show Minute details which are necessary for correct working of a complete server of A3 "

7th - Those Guys Who have already a3 Server running wont help even if they have a correct solution thus in a way of thinking that "NO ONE SHOULD CREATE THIS SERVER"

8th - My last humble Request to All People who have knowledge , Please Share it , Please. Sharing may keep this game alive.
and RELEASE THE LATEST GUIDE AND UPLOAD WOKING FILES AND SETUP WITH CORRECT TUTORIALS WHICH CLEAR OUT EVERY DOUBT OF SERVER CREATION.

THANKS, HOPE THIS EFFORT MAY WORK OUT FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HOPING SOMETHING GOOD FOR THIS GAME.

Reaction score
I mean , Day by day
new systems and new specs are being released in few years.
But the problem with all who know about A3 server Creation don't want to release any updates.

1st - There are no fresh files to Create this MMORPG server.

2nd - No one has any idea how to correctly install and run this A3 server on Win 7 and Win 8 64bit.

3rd - Currently all files available are not up to date or some thing doesnt work properly.

4th - SQL server 2000 doesn't support this new OS and has problem with DATABASE Backup files which always shows "THE CURRENT DATABASE FILES WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO RESTORE IS CORRUPT OR CANNOT BE READ"

5th - Tried SQL server 2005 , SQL server 2008 , SQL server 2012. <Still Same Result With Everything>

6th - The Tutorials Available on Forums Are not complete "They Don't Show Minute details which are necessary for correct working of a complete server of A3 "

7th - Those Guys Who have already a3 Server running wont help even if they have a correct solution thus in a way of thinking that "NO ONE SHOULD CREATE THIS SERVER"

8th - My last humble Request to All People who have knowledge , Please Share it , Please. Sharing may keep this game alive.
and RELEASE THE LATEST GUIDE AND UPLOAD WOKING FILES AND SETUP WITH CORRECT TUTORIALS WHICH CLEAR OUT EVERY DOUBT OF SERVER CREATION.

THANKS, HOPE THIS EFFORT MAY WORK OUT FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HOPING SOMETHING GOOD FOR THIS GAME.

Answers.

1. There is no need of fresh files. All of the current Private A3 Servers are using the same files which are posted in the forum.

2. Search the forum. It have been discussed and solved already.

3. I myself have used the same files and most of the things works properly. Few features like TOD etc won't work, nor it does in any other Private server owned by any of the forum member.

4. This simply means that you have a corrupted set of database files or you are doing something wrong. Retry using different set of files (don't ask me where will you get those files, I simply suggest you to read the threads. SPECIALLY THE STICKIES)

5. Same answer as question number 4.

6. I am working for A3 Development from last 7 years and I too don't know what is minute Details still my files works.

7. If that is so, you skipped reading the whole forum. Logged in, clicked on "New Thread" and started typing this post. If we (owners of current running servers) were not here, you would have found this section of the forum empty.

8. Enough of the files are already shared for Newbies to gear up and create a 100% working A3 Private server within a day or 2. What more you expect?

Quoting your last sentence

You think that typing a Post which contains 13 lines is EFFORT? What do you call it when ppl stays awake for weeks to solve/create something and then comes to the forum and post it so others don't have to do work hard for the same?

None of the Old member of A3 Section will simply spoonfeed you with a FRESH and 100 % WORKING set of files along with a VIDEO TUTORIAL and a Batch file on which you can double click and the server is ready to host. You need to put the EFFORT of atleast reading the topics, Searching when you find problems and then if nothing works (not even google) then posting and asking for a solution.

I really Hate when uses words like "Fresh files" or "Up-to-date Guide" without even trying things.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Answers.

1. There is no need of fresh files. All of the current Private A3 Servers are using the same files which are posted in the forum.

2. Search the forum. It have been discussed and solved already.

3. I myself have used the same files and most of the things works properly. Few features like TOD etc won't work, nor it does in any other Private server owned by any of the forum member.

4. This simply means that you have a corrupted set of database files or you are doing something wrong. Retry using different set of files (don't ask me where will you get those files, I simply suggest you to read the threads. SPECIALLY THE STICKIES)

5. Same answer as question number 4.

6. I am working for A3 Development from last 7 years and I too don't know what is minute Details still my files works.

7. If that is so, you skipped reading the whole forum. Logged in, clicked on "New Thread" and started typing this post. If we (owners of current running servers) were not here, you would have found this section of the forum empty.

8. Enough of the files are already shared for Newbies to gear up and create a 100% working A3 Private server within a day or 2. What more you expect?

Quoting your last sentence

You think that typing a Post which contains 13 lines is EFFORT? What do you call it when ppl stays awake for weeks to solve/create something and then comes to the forum and post it so others don't have to do work hard for the same?

None of the Old member of A3 Section will simply spoonfeed you with a FRESH and 100 % WORKING set of files along with a VIDEO TUTORIAL and a Batch file on which you can double click and the server is ready to host. You need to put the EFFORT of atleast reading the topics, Searching when you find problems and then if nothing works (not even google) then posting and asking for a solution.

I really Hate when uses words like "Fresh files" or "Up-to-date Guide" without even trying things.

I have done researching and reading entire forum from past 2 months.
Its not that i have just written this post without trying it <I COMPLETELY DENY IT>
I do have worked on it from past 2 and half months trying everything out.
Still I have not been able To succeed in creating at least server on my Local Machine.

Tried All of your's stickies Threads,
I have Read all topics and been searching for my required solutions.
Fine ! I dont need Anything more !
Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:(: Business....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
:(: Business....
Infraction was given to bbharat95 and the post is deleted.

Its not that i have just written this post without trying it <I COMPLETELY DENY IT>
Still I have not been able To succeed in creating at least server on my Local Machine.

Thanks.
The Questions itself shows that you haven't read the posts.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Have read the posts.
Most Of the links are still dead including ur link on Filefront.
And I definitely want to know how to solve issue's for windows 7 64 bit.
And it's not problem with my machine or OS but i tried on freshly installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Ggaabc dude it works in windows 7 64 bit with out even changing any setting of OS... And let me inform i was trying for 2011 in xp i was not able to run it at tht time i didnt post like u.. i tried it more... and as my studie came up i stoped it and now in Oct 2013 in windows 7 64bit OS i completed the set up and its running and now im trying solve t prblm in windows 8 64 bit which is on char creation i knw some how i will solve it if u have problem search for the post u will get it.. it took me more then 24 hr to search for my prblm in forum but it was there.. And by the way even my frnd for BSc(Chem major) did it in 1 try by just reading the guides for xp in windows 7 64 bit he dont even knw wht is full form of sql still he is able to edit the stuff frm mbody frm database its all about find for answer. try this file here i used the same .....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any one of them getting problem in any of windows versions
let me clear one thing that
i have tried in almost all windows versions (xp , vista , 7 , 8 , 8.1,server 2008 , server 2012)
every thing is going fine in all version without any problem
so there is some mistake from your side which u might have forgot to do
check all things again
There is never a problem with OS or sql server versions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow, that's what i need. thanks for this thread..
Ggaabc - Why No One Wants To Keep A3 Alive ????? - RaGEZONE Forums

f793
Reaction score

Thanks.

Local machine - That's the problem, you can't make it on "local machine".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Local machine - That's the problem, you can't make it on "local machine".
We cant make it on Local Machine ?? what ! i think some hexed client can be used on local machine.
Still Finding way out as the LINKS GIVEN IN THIS FORUMS ON FILEFRONT AND JUMBOFILES WEBSITES ARE DEAD.
STILL THE MODERATOR AKA PROTISBACK SAYS THAT ALL LINKS ARE ALIVE.
I WOULD REQUEST TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE STICKIES THREADS WHICH UR CONFIDENT THAT THOSE LINKS ARE STILL ALIVE.

Reaction score
Obviously not ALL of it are alive. But most of the files are mirrored in different threads, Tell me which specific file you are looking for? Let me see if I can find a working link from the forum itself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks For Your Valuable Reply .
:D Keep Rocking.
Will Post You all Problems Soon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried Again from scratch to setup Server on Windows 7 x64 bit with all new SQL server 2005 and even again re-downloading All server files from forum and following the guide thoroughly but no success came as the shortcuts which are given to start step by step for server wont work at all .
all my ODBC entries are correct still it wont connect to server and it wont show connectivity. I have tried even disabling the firewall but no use.

One of my friend gave me one image of one A3 server which is very popular Acc' to him . i am uploading the image of that A3 server and he told me that server has all new version of A3 server which hasn't not yet been released on Forum's.

Hope i may get solution this time . thanks

AT THE TOP LEFT OF THIS IMAGE ATTACHED BELOW, IT SAYS
" WELCOME TO A3********* v563 "
a3elestart - Why No One Wants To Keep A3 Alive ????? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
1. You bumped a 3 month old post. Which is against the rules of A3 Section. Do keep this in mind while posting next time.
I will still answer to the post.

2. You will have to tell us where exactly you are stuck, Posting a screenshot to the error is recommended. If its a 64bit OS, I am attaching a .reg file and a . Try those.

3. What exactly you want to tell us by showing the screenshot of The A3 server?

Note: You will have to open the .reg file using notepad or any editing software and change the name of your SQL server.
If the name of your SQL server is Blah-PC\SQLEXPRESS, use Blah-PC\\SQLEXPRESS as the name.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After 64bit BDE installation
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE Open BDEADMIN now you will see databases right click and select ODBC Administrator and create your ODBC files.

Dont Use Any Reg Files :musicus:

Reaction score
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE Open BDEADMIN now you will see databases right click and select ODBC Administrator and create your ODBC files.

Obviously there are multiple ways to create ODBC entries.
End of the day, all the ways makes changes to the registry only. Using a .reg file is the easiest way to achieve the result (Obviously if the registry file is correctly edited/Exported)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dude ! already Done, I have already mentioned that i have Searched Forums and followed accordingly. Thanks for Your Reply

The custom message can be shown by using custom Zone Agent like http://forum.ragezone.com/f487/zoneagent-562-a-1010989-new/

Means What u are saying is, its the same latest version which have been published on forums, but it has been manually edited "means just the version number and name." right. Thanks for your reply

Obviously there are multiple ways to create ODBC entries.
End of the day, all the ways makes changes to the registry only. Using a .reg file is the easiest way to achieve the result (Obviously if the registry file is correctly edited/Exported)

yea i knew that and already done in all 3 ways possible, but still it wont connect ,
also tried in windows XP virtual Machine with SQL 2000 and all files from scratch .
Thanks For Your reply.

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "wont connect"?
The game "wont connect" to the server or the loginserver "wont connect" to the zoneagent or the first 3 files "wont connect" to the DB? What exactly "wont connect"?

BTW mind posting some screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back