Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Connecting Two Dedicated Servers To the same Dattabase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey friends i was just wondering that is it possible to connect two dedicated pc to the same database.
i know a3 works on a local host but still..
i have seen foreign players laggin in indian servers so was just thinking of sumthng new which wud help.
If any1 has any other suggestion regarding lag reduction it wud be welcomed :thumbup:

Reaction score
hey friends i was just wondering that is it possible to connect two dedicated pc to the same database.
i know a3 works on a local host but still..
i have seen foreign players laggin in indian servers so was just thinking of sumthng new which wud help.
If any1 has any other suggestion regarding lag reduction it wud be welcomed :thumbup:

You will face concurrency issues.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you keep zone server in a dedicated, and all other programs in other dedicated, won't help with lag?
i think u can do this only changing some ips.

if you want to keep all programs in one dedicated and the database in other dedicated, u must to do some tests...

i think that the programs like 7770, 8880, 9990, only run on the dedicated with the database because they dont have an ip on the files ".ini", try this or...
HEX these programs (7770, 8880, 9990) and you will find a "127.0.0.1" ip.

u probably must find all files ".ini" that have an ip, and verify if you must change this ip... an exemple:
CharacDBIP=127.0.0.1
StorageDBIP=127.0.0.1

probably you must change them... u must test this...

i dont know if the ODBC must stay on the dedicated that have the database, but i think that ODBC must stay on the dedicated that have your programs of the server, so i think you must change the connectivity of them to ip of your dedicated with the database, u must test this too...

so if you really want, you have a lot of work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
will this resolve the issue?
his issue is that if the dedicated server is in US then Indian players will face lag and if server is in India then US players will face lag.. so he wants to host the server both in India and US (US players will connect to US server and Indian players will connect to Indian server) and wants both server to act as both are same server and players can interact with each other. (which i dont think is possible for A3's current server files)

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not possible, game data reside in memory. Frequent saves are done in DB for items, NPCs, EXP etc. But real-time data are kept in memory.

If he wants better pings then he should host in a "central" country to balance pings between India and other countries. Other solutions are far more expensive especially for A3 which has a very low online players average.

Reaction score
Not possible, game data reside in memory. Frequent saves are done in DB for items, NPCs, EXP etc. But real-time data are kept in memory.

If he wants better pings then he should host in a "central" country to balance pings between India and other countries. Other solutions are far more expensive especially for A3 which has a very low online players average.

Agreed. Instead of splitting up the server, It would be better to speak to your ISP and setup a low latency link with any overseas ISP to facilitate least pings possible. You could then relay the data from the players via the overseas server which would save some latency provided the interconnectivity between home and overseas servers are rock solid. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back