Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Emulator for A3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thinking of starting development of A3 emulator. I would like help from everyone who are capable of helping in this project. Thinking of using C# as I am finding it easier to do complex tasks in less amount of time and lines of code. I do not have previous experience in emulator development so I am trying to study how emulators are built using C# code of some other game emulator. If anyone has knowledge about emulator programming please join me in this project. Any suggestions please post here :)

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't start by choosing the language. Start by understanding and documenting how the server works.

Once you have figured this out , then you can start coding.

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When you have enough info to support at least char login in 1 map, pm me. Will be glad to help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you think it works, Whats on ur mind atm with respect to emulators.

I suggest you first learn functioning of a3 to its core... server has some CRC check thing it does on each packet. So if u try to mod it wrongly , even 1 byte, it ll kick u.

I am trying to understand the packet fromat from the client itself but its very very difficult to extract it :p

Let me know ur current position, then we ll get together on it..

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Guys is there any point in doing this?

If we are so skilled then let's write server from scratch with our own protocol, extract graphics & animations from client and VOILA : A3 RZ Edition ;) (joking)

Anyway, if you people are serious then I suggest we start with the accountserver for which we also have the source, maybe try to change/improve existing functionality of AS and then move to harder stuff.

In this old source of AS there is no support for archer, it can easily be added. But I think it doesn't support neither TTa3 nor Korean client.

Reaction score
Guys is there any point in doing this?

If we are so skilled then let's write server from scratch with our own protocol, extract graphics & animations from client and VOILA : A3 RZ Edition ;) (joking)

Anyway, if you people are serious then I suggest we start with the accountserver for which we also have the source, maybe try to change/improve existing functionality of AS and then move to harder stuff.

In this old source of AS there is no support for archer, it can easily be added. But I think it doesn't support neither TTa3 nor Korean client.

What if we make a middleware (gatekeeper) in between ZS and ZA. We can filter the packets we want and also modify them to our needs when some conditions are met? We can bring about many features ingame right? (Just hypothetical for now because I know nothing about packet structures)

Reaction score
I took my time to study code of other open source MMORPG updater. The main thing I wanna learn now is packet structure of decrypted packet sent from ZA to ZS for each action and how ZS replies to each packet sent from ZA. If someone knows please share it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back