Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey,

I would like to see a video guide or pictures of every step.
I completed every step of the guide but still notting can connect.

Way harder then the RF server. :(

So if anyone has a nice guide or want to make one, much apriciated! :)

Anyone? Oo

Anyone? Oo

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
there isn't any video cos no one has that kind of time to make one..

I suggest you try reading Akaruz's guide or my guide.. if you followed everything correctly your server should work

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sinse i got here 2 days ago i made my RF server got it up fast - started the A3 server (sinse its my dream to host 1 :p) and havnt stopped trying for over 20 hours!

But i think i just dont understand the guide...
thats why i need visuals.

If anyone gets the time, please make one.
I'm sure that i'm not the onlyone who could use them. :)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
but what kind of problems are you having? This is the A3 server section, post here and the community can help you.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
the problem is that i dont understand the guide...
I tells me do this do that, but not HOW to do it.

And when trying to instal BDE it cant cuz it needs Delphi? or am i trying to instal somthing differend.

how to use the reg commands that are listed?

And the onlything i need to do in the SQL is creating the 4 DB's and the new login?
or do i have to refer the txt files to the DB files in some way?

I think thats all... I might seem stpid but i just dont understand the guide...

Any help would be greatly apriciated!
When i get it up i will be hosting it for a Looooooooooong time!

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
PsyKnx said:
the problem is that i dont understand the guide...
I tells me do this do that, but not HOW to do it.

And when trying to instal BDE it cant cuz it needs Delphi? or am i trying to instal somthing differend.

how to use the reg commands that are listed?

And the onlything i need to do in the SQL is creating the 4 DB's and the new login?
or do i have to refer the txt files to the DB files in some way?

I think thats all... I might seem stpid but i just dont understand the guide...

Any help would be greatly apriciated!
When i get it up i will be hosting it for a Looooooooooong time!

listen to this: patience is the real key, and work double as hard, and read twice whatever you read, becase the solution may be in front of you (I even had to translate chinese web pages to learn more). Took me quite more than 20 hours to properly setup a server, in fact took me 45 days, almost all day arround dealing with the damn files and trying to figure out wtf had the developers had in their twisted minds, and that involved using tcp/ip tools, rechecking logs, messing with the configuration over and over until I got some progress. And all of that was the 95% of the job, the rest (which was the unvaluable contribution to the matter) was the akaruz help. Otherwise I probably would have resigned, because I dont want to study assembler. thats all.

I think I have said all of this before.

most of your questions were already asked. just take a look in the forum, now that its back online.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
riiiight, that doesnt have anything to do with a guide request does it?
Do you think i try once and then give up?

anyway my prob was that i had the wrong files, so it was obvious i didnt understand the guide. :p
got good 2.02 and 2.05 files now but login agent wont connect.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
right, because it has to do with *all* the things about setting up a server, trust me, I had all of those your problems you had.

not to being rude, but thats how matters stand. just take a look arround. feel free to ask when you have exausted your searchs in this forum and google. but be specific.

rudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back