Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help me solve this zoneserver error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have setup my a3server on windows 7 for the first time. I have gone through the forum to solve my error and have tried every way but I can't. Please help. (In fact, I found another thread with similar problem but the opener didnt say how to solve :(:)

I get this error:

speedey4u - Help me solve this zoneserver error! - RaGEZONE Forums
<<== CLICK ON IT

I am using sql 2008 sp3 and i have checked my "a3serial" a number of times. It is the db_owner of A3ItemEvent.

I have also corrected the spaces in the ODBC.reg file. I am using BDE 5.1. All the other servers are working except zoneserver.

Another thing worries me:

<<== CLICK ON IT

Is this ok?

My server name in the ODBC entries is also corrected. I cant think where I am going wrong.

I am afraid I might have made some mistake in the SQL 2008.

Here are a few more screenies.

<<== CLICK ON IT

<<== CLICK ON IT

please help!

No reply? No one has an answer?

RZ.........Please help me!!!!

I have the links to an almost identical post but the thread owner simply said he has solved it. He didnt write what exactly he solved!!

http://forum.ragezone.com/f98/zoneserver-connectdb-error-740892/

any1 can tell me what exactly he fixed?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Created it again. still same problem. Chris...can u give a list of the ODBC entries. Full list.

I currently have:
1. A3Friend = FriendDB
2. A3ItemEvent = A3ItemEvent
3. A3RcvResult = A3ItemEvent
4. A3SerialList = A3ItemEvent
5. ASD = ASD
6. EventA3 = ASD
7. FriendDB = FriendDB
8. HSDB = HSDB
9. LETTERDB = ASD
10. LocalServer = ASD
11. Login202 = ASD
12. NEWASD = ASD

And I have these databases in SQL: A3ItemEvent, ASD, Character, Clan, FriendDB, HSDB, itemstorage. Which of these need to be restored? Only the 5 that Raman mentioned?

1.A3ItemEvent
2.ASD
3.clan
4.FriendDB
5.HSDB

My gtalk id is - dysphoric.turkey@gmail.com if u can communicate with me there, i shall be very grateful.

Please close the thread. It was the SQL server's problem. Prob fixed. A hundred thanx to all who helped, the RZ comm and Chriss, especially!!

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What you mean SQL server problem? Tell us, so that others can learn if they face same problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The SQL server 2008 is very different from 2000 as you know. The "a3serial" creation is a little different from that in 2000. There are a few options while creating the login. You have to check them because they make you demand for a new password after creation. I solved my problem by repeatedly trying the creation process and running the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back