Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About normal and quest items!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have been reading this forum from days and it is quite easy to make a server and solve nearly everything related to it.
I have never posted as everything is explained and/or discussed already & sorry that i am not able to help in any issue and not able to share something yet as i m still a beginner till now and hopefully will sure help in future...

The discussion is all about how server differentiates between quest items and normal items (items, skills, weapons, armours etc)
Its surly isnt in "IT" files or smthing.. if sm1 already know about it please giv a clue so that it can be easy to find out & share with others..

P.S. the difference I am talking about here is.. quest items can't be dealed or dropped but other items can be.. :grr:

Hope i don't sound that stupid in my first post here..
Thank you to the great ppl working from ages for this community..

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that quest items are in IT files. Check out server side the zonedata/item/3 file , it's there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that quest items are in IT files. Check out server side the zonedata/item/3 file , it's there.

I know it is. But what makes it different from normal droppable item.
I mean to say. Even if i spawn a quest item i cant drop it on the floor or npc. And if i take a quest after spawning it in inventory. It will dissappear from inventory.

Thanks for the responce though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know it is. But what makes it different from normal droppable item.
I mean to say. Even if i spawn a quest item i cant drop it on the floor or npc. And if i take a quest after spawning it in inventory. It will dissappear from inventory.

Thanks for the responce though.

quest items are defined in it3(client side) and if u make the text files of it0, it1, it2, it3, it0ex(this is where lvl11 - lvl15 weapon dam and all are defined) so if u look carefully to these text files u can notice each item has its own reference code.

and wht u say about dropping out items from inventory its fully client side.... i have tried many client and has experienced it

if u need explanation about it0ex file make a new post i will reply each and every line of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back