Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up server-Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey can someone help me with the setting up the server.

i did the procedure as mention by suruchi in the post
http://forum.ragezone.com/f487/a3-server-219-files-episode-730848/

i am using windows 7 64 bit and SQL 2008

After making the server with exact steps i am facing the problem that my ports do not connect with the database ie. 7700, 8800 and 9900 even after making changes with ODBC.reg files as per

http://forum.ragezone.com/f98/borland-database-engine-win-7-a-755548/

and Running BDE
(i am uing trial version of BDE , If possible can someone give me the link of full version of BDE compatible with windows 7)

My main server, Zone server , account server , battle server and that new folder show error.
i think i am facing problem in connecting to DB. Is there any other way to connect to DB other than BDE?
i went on rz forums but couldnt come up with the possible solutions
can someone please point out where i could possibly go wrong.
Please can someone help me with this regard.
thanks in advance

Update: RECENTLY i have tried doing the work from scratch i managed to solve many problems. :

My ports do not connect to database ie 7770, 8880 and 9990

SOLVED: made fresh ODBC entries on the odbcad32 of A3Event,A3Friend etc etc...(C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try the server installer in the releases section. I personally haven't tried it yet but heard it works for Win 7 64 bits.

I have seen that .. As mentioned above i am getting some problems with the server installer of that releases section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone kindly try to help me please i would be obliged!

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Help you with what, post some screenshots with errors.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated main post :

Now this problem left
Problem left : Zone server Giving some errors. WARNING PET COUNTER IS NOT FOUND OK?

SOLVED: http://forum.ragezone.com/f98/petcounter-fand-ok-solve-670342/

and Event Item Connector: COnnect DB ERROR
ERROR:: [ ITEM_provider]Init Faild####
Load[] return #ERR=12
Note- i made a3serial properly with db owner ticked and ODBC entry is made Correctly!

i did same settings as in the post
http://forum.ragezone.com/f98/zoneserver-connectdb-error-740892/
Ps- i didnt get the part change ODBC manually. Some be kind enough to explain!
Same error in battle server!:thumbdown:
Attached the Screenshots of the problem!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
are u using sql server 2005 or 2008?
as i remember.. setting db owner process in these sql server version is little different from sql 2000..
This error is db owner issue only.. Just google the correct procedure..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i am using SQL 2008!! i am not able to actually figure out how to do it! Please help me regarding what to do!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm unable to install BDE on win 7 64 bit. It says windows version is not compatible even when I run it in XP SP 2 mode. Please suggest me a solution to this problem. Or if possible tell me a version of BDE that can be installed on Win 7 64 bit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Search BDE windows 7 on google you will find it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did! The problem i am FACING is only My ITEM event doesnt connect in ZS! rest everything is working fine!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
kb1991 - Setting up server-Problems - RaGEZONE Forums
I'm unable to install BDE on win 7 64 bit. It says windows version is not compatible even when I run it in XP SP 2 mode.

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you try google? Here is some info :

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had tried running the default BDE provided in Raman's files in all the compatibility modes available in Win 7, Still it didn't work. On Google too I had to spent 2-3 hrs to geta working BDE on my Windows.

But now I'm getting error while running ZS, It says 'Load Map 0 Fail'. I've changed the map index, replaced the map 0 file but still not able to get rid of this error.

With some different server files i'm getting 'ConnectDB Error'. I've already checked DB owner for A3ItemEvent in the security login for a3serial.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ash you using SQL 2008 if not which version?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using SQL 2005. I tried to install the server again on Win XP, Still got same error. I managed to remove it by deleting the key and ODBC entries and then remaking them again. I've tried same for Win 7 but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back