Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Improving Automatic Tournament Start in SQL with HappyTool

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a friend asked me to create a sql script that automatically starts a new tournament if one is over.. i managed to get it working but the problem is that he always has to restart the server to get the next tournament to start...
if we start one in happytool, no restart is required... why is that?

and why are the rewards not displayed? i tried normal and magic item (with both chart types), all class and specific class but no matter what i do, you cant see the rewards in the tournament frame.. (i dont know if you get them after a win because we didnt test it yet tho)
any idea?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
first question why is that ?

because, when you start the server, lot table on sql is loaded, when you add a tournament on db, the tmap don't reload the sql table.
this is why you need to restart because tmap reload db only when you restart him, but whyy happy don't need ?
because happy send directly the informations to tmap server, when you do tournament via happy, happy will send infos to tmap and tmap will updates/Reload tournament tables... its difficult to explain, but if you want more infos, look to the handler/sender source of TMAP, TControl etc...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you maybe write a tool where you can see all the tables of your database with buttons? when you click on one table name, this table gets re-loaded or when you press on "reload all", every table gets reloaded..
i dont know anything about c++ so i cant do it myself :D

would be great to have such tool because i want to do a tournament manager in my website too and the service restart is really annoying when you add a tournament...

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do you know why you don't need to restart the server when you are creating a tournament with Happy?
Because happy send a packet to services.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you can use happy tools, you can do tournament easily, only monthly "great" tournament can't be edit on it

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can i have the program please? I can't even log in to Happy Tools + I have no idea how to start tournaments..

Upvote 0
Back