ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

[Release] 4Story 3.5 English Client

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hi all,

NOTE - This client WORKS with TW server files.

Well, we still seem to be waiting to hear if we can get a 4Story section up and running. So in the meantime, here's the 3.5 Taiwanese client modified with English string translations, quests, files, etc. This client works with the 3.5 server files in AnthonyX's thread. Some of the translations might be a bit off due to localisation. For example, some creatures are called a 'Murray'? Weirdest name ever...

I'll also include some TCD file editors I've found (credit to stotterer09) which should allow you to make and edit items, NPC, quests, audio, etc. NOTE - Not all of these have been tested yet. TString definitely worked, used that for like... 10 hours translating monster names, which were 4832 pieces of string data... sigh.

Enjoy.

Screenshots:

Set-up:

1) Download and extract client to a folder.
    2) Modify the IP in TClient Run.bat.
    3) Make Desktop shortcut to TClient Run.bat (makes life easier if you run from Desktop).
    4) Run game from that shortcut or directly via the .bat file.
    5) Play!

Client download: https://mega.nz/#!RQJRwCDR!DS8vWzPr1...ZtfpHCsQabpNHo

Editors download:https://mega.nz/#!EcYw0BKB!Oz36dk5_u...UCY0K0FBd9bthM
    Last edited by fallenfate; 22-04-17 at 02:13 PM.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    brazilLocation
    410Posts

Re: [Release] 4Story 3.5 English Client

you did great work bro !

True MemberRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    TanzanyaLocation
    1,120Posts

Nice job mate... Thanks

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Glad you like it. This will be my last translation work for a while, might be losing my job soon so I need to start game development more heavily. Will still be around here of course and will provide help and resources where possible :).
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    WISCONSIN-USALocation
    266Posts

@fallenfate I just setup these files and started the client you posted, I'm getting a "Wrong Version" error.

Thank you for all your work on translating these files.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@DevilSpeak Will try to assist so we can straighten this out :).
    Last edited by fallenfate; 25-04-17 at 12:59 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Issues were on the server side. Issues resolved, was just a slight config issue in the DB. Remember to check all your DB fields as per the guide in @AnthonyX's thread (linked in OP) :).

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    WISCONSIN-USALocation
    266Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    @DevilSpeak Add me on Skype - fallenfate. Will try to assist so we can straighten this out :).
    Thank you @fallenfate for the help with going over the configuration.
    Very professional and just a all around good man. Thank you
    Last edited by DevilSpeak; 25-04-17 at 01:24 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@DevilSpeak No problems. Hope the development pans out, PM/Skype when you start testing and I'll try to find a time I can jump on. Will be good to test with another person for a change, haha.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    WISCONSIN-USALocation
    266Posts

I will for sure get you the information for testing ect tomorrow.

And looking forward to getting some things going on this.

But testing is something I'm looking forward to.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

If you're wanting to change some of the internet shortcuts in the game, this is where they're located and what needs changing:

TString.tcd
    Code:
    920 -  http://www.4story.com/event/pcbang/20070803/nochargeevent.asp?PSN=%u&UID=%u

931 - http://global.4story.com/cash/index.asp

Specific URL length (NOTE - Needs to match existing string length of URL.):

967 -      http://www.4story.com/serverchange/servb.asp

1105 -     4Story@zemiinc.com

1105 -     http://www.4story.com/chargecash/Charge_Main.aspn

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    2Posts

Hi Does anyone tested the GM function?

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

how Sign Up in game i want enter it its say the server is under maintenance can u help me?

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@samir35 The client isn't picking up your server. Double check you changed all the IP addresses in the configs and DB, and are running all services in order - T_CTRL, T_LOGIN, T_WORLD, T_RELAY, T_MAP.

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by samir35; 07-05-17 at 11:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement