Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

4Story Taiwan Client Download

Put Community First
Reaction score
Nope, everyone can stop translating. It's all fixed. All quests, monsters, NPCs, items, text, interface are in English. I've also fixed NPC spawns and NPC chats in the General channel, as well as adding English audio files and the English logos to all the start screens. All the hard yards are done and now everyone can give it a go and see if they like it. It's not 'amazing' but it could be fun for a while. Has potential even if we don't have source.

I'll also share the editors I found as well, it should allow us all to technically make NPCs and monster mobs, create spawns, etc. It'll all be in the new release topic in around 12 hours when my upload finishes. I was using them when I was translating, most of them work well, haven't tried making mobs or anything yet as it wasn't a focus, though.

As a bonus I've cut out the English 4Story logo and will provide the Photoshop file. So nothing stops us testing and having fun now, customising it, etc.

Also thanks AnthonyX for the initial Taiwanese release, that's what made it all possible :).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wrote it in the request of the section, and I'll write it again here because I'm interested why.

Why should this be such a huge release? Wasn't the source code released 2 years ago? Why is this client so important?

EDIT:
Would also be interested in this game. But without proper (=complete.) src it's useless (for me at least)

Put Community First
Reaction score
I wrote it in the request of the section, and I'll write it again here because I'm interested why.
Why should this be such a huge release? Wasn't the source code released 2 years ago? Why is this client so important?
EDIT:
Would also be interested in this game. But without proper (=complete.) src it's useless (for me at least)
Thanks for highlighting the source release. Grabbing it now for compiling and testing. What things did you find were missing?

C9 section was opened on the back of a compiled set of files, no editors, no possibilities for modding. We also have a range of idle sections alive already in RZ that don't get closed - Ragnarok, Dragonica, Dekaron, Drift City, L2, Metin2... the list grows. At least with 4Story we have a working release - which was apparently enough for an entire C9 section - and editors, plus the 3.8 source you just mentioned. This opens it up TO the possibility of growing more than those dead sections. My counter-argument would be why 'not' have a section?

Do you happen to know what's missing in the 3.8 source? Database isn't a massive problem, this server is 3.6 or so and will be largely identical.

As mentioned in the thread, if we don't get a section that's fine. I'll just make it in an MMORPG Extra Release thread. I just thought it should get a shot based on the reasons above.

Put Community First
Reaction score
I only have a local server for tests, sorry, no actual private server.

can host a test server for everyone.

Fur Zi has offered to run one, but I'm currently trying to get a 4Story section set up before releasing. If we get a section it'll be better for organising everyone's efforts.

Also, as GigaToni above pointed out, there's some source floating around which I've now got too. I believe it could be for this version. More testing will be done.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I only have a local server for tests, sorry, no actual private server.

Fur Zi has offered to run one, but I'm currently trying to get a 4Story section set up before releasing. If we get a section it'll be better for organising everyone's efforts.

Also, as GigaToni above pointed out, there's some source floating around which I've now got too. I believe it could be for this version. More testing will be done.

I think we don't need to test on VPS or dedicated server yet.First, release a new repack and tools etc on section if your request to create a new section for 4story is OK! And thank you for that.

Second, people who want to open test server they will need to download new release and make for themsefl.

I saw another topic released by Vision (may wrong nickname).
I don't know version on my release and Vision version is matching or not! But sound good when hear this release could be for GiGaTony's source.

Put Community First
Reaction score
I think the source is for this version, it's been said in various forums it's 3.5 (2011), which is what this repack seems to be. The only issue is getting it to work, as it uses some outdated code (VC++) and needs converting and fixing, as most sources do.

Source link -

Reaction score
this source use vs 2003
source version : 3.6

server install:

more files pubic, 4story 3.4 - 5.2 (search youtube and google)
this source verry old, verry bugged, many exploits

Put Community First
Reaction score
Oh well, at least those have a chance of someone fixing them. The repack might also not be FROM that source, as I haven't found any bugs yet since finishing translations and fixing indexes etc.

Keep using the repack, people, and wait for the English one if or when the section is made. The repack seems fun and fine at the moment.

Reaction score
Strange. My winRar says on the files I have, last modified 2016 but they're 3.5. I dunno if that's my fixed version or just a hick up from winRAR.

EDIT:
If there is interest I can upload what I have from 4story on my drive. I know I have a very very very old client in german too. I think it's from a phase when they were testing the game over here.

EDIT 2:
iirc I fixed the src already. But since I couldn't get the server to run I gave up since I wanted to work on RoM at the time.

EDIT 3:
this source use vs 2003
source version : 3.6

server install:

more files pubic, 4story 3.4 - 5.2 (search youtube and google)
this source verry old, verry bugged, many exploits
I don't see any problem with that. If the source is complete, there is no problem fixing all bugs and exploits.

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
@GigaToni It would be handy if you could share that with us, very appreciated. It might differ to what I found in the initial thread via Mediafire and be more compilable. Anything is helpful, even if we don't get it running it's a start to work with :).

Reaction score
Yeah. I'll upload it once I have time.
The only things that were broken (iirc.) is old-styled code.. It uses for(i=0) loops without defining i in the for statement. Which was allowed in VS2003. But makes problems on VS2005+. So I had to go through each for statement and define i j k l etc.

And fallenfate, I added you on skype.

Put Community First
Reaction score
@GigaToni

No worries.

Yeah I was fixing those in my source as well, most were int at least which was easy, but there was an undefined pos reference with a type of "POSITION", tried float and double... no idea what that would be declared as in the for loop :S.

Hopefully yours is different. Currently away from the PC at the moment, will be on again tomorrow (12 hours from now).

Reaction score
[STRIKE]Upload is finished in 5 minutes. I'll post a thread in MMORPG Extra when it's done.[/STRIKE]

EDIT:
Done. Posted

why del it?
i want to know why i can't start the services? when i start the TCTRL_GSP,it give a tip like this:
---------------------------
service
Windows could not start the TCTRL_GSP service on the local computer.
Error 0x80004005: unspecified error
Determine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this actually worth working on, how big is the community?

Back