Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,990Posts

re: [Release] 4Story - 3.5 Taiwan Client

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Strange. My winRar says on the files I have, last modified 2016 but they're 3.5. I dunno if that's my fixed version or just a hick up from winRAR.

EDIT:
    If there is interest I can upload what I have from 4story on my drive. I know I have a very very very old client in german too. I think it's from a phase when they were testing the game over here.

EDIT 2:
    iirc I fixed the src already. But since I couldn't get the server to run I gave up since I wanted to work on RoM at the time.

EDIT 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis999 View Post
    this source use vs 2003
    source version : 3.6

server install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeW3XGpttvY

more files pubic, 4story 3.4 - 5.2 (search youtube and google)
    this source verry old, verry bugged, many exploits
    I don't see any problem with that. If the source is complete, there is no problem fixing all bugs and exploits.
    Last edited by GigaToni; 20-04-17 at 11:01 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@GigaToni It would be handy if you could share that with us, very appreciated. It might differ to what I found in the initial thread via Mediafire and be more compilable. Anything is helpful, even if we don't get it running it's a start to work with :).
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,990Posts

Yeah. I'll upload it once I have time.
    The only things that were broken (iirc.) is old-styled code.. It uses for(i=0) loops without defining i in the for statement. Which was allowed in VS2003. But makes problems on VS2005+. So I had to go through each for statement and define i j k l etc.

And fallenfate, I added you on skype.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@GigaToni

No worries.

Yeah I was fixing those in my source as well, most were int at least which was easy, but there was an undefined pos reference with a type of "POSITION", tried float and double... no idea what that would be declared as in the for loop :S.

Hopefully yours is different. Currently away from the PC at the moment, will be on again tomorrow (12 hours from now).
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,990Posts

Upload is finished in 5 minutes. I'll post a thread in MMORPG Extra when it's done.

EDIT:
    Done. Posted
    Last edited by GigaToni; 20-04-17 at 01:37 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    chinaLocation
    344Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaToni View Post
    Upload is finished in 5 minutes. I'll post a thread in MMORPG Extra when it's done.

EDIT:
    Done. Posted
    why del it?
    i want to know why i can't start the services? when i start the TCTRL_GSP,it give a tip like this:
    ---------------------------
    service
    Windows could not start the TCTRL_GSP service on the local computer.
    Error 0x80004005: unspecified error
    Determine

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exe19890522 View Post
    when i start the TCTRL_GSP,it give a tip like this:
    Error 0x80004005: unspecified error
    I had that too for a while, I had to uninstall all the services and reinstall them a few times, then it just worked randomly.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    chinaLocation
    344Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    I had that too for a while, I had to uninstall all the services and reinstall them a few times, then it just worked randomly.
    so sadlyi re/nstall services many times,but all show this tip.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@exe19890522 Are your ODBC set up using the 32bit or 64bit Data Sources Administrator? I believe it needs to be in the 32bit. Make sure they're System DSN as well.

- - - Updated - - -

English client now uploaded and TW server file compatible - http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/relea...glish-1130781/
    Last edited by fallenfate; 22-04-17 at 01:46 PM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    52Posts

Is this actually worth working on, how big is the community?

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

I guess you can say the community for it is non-existent at the moment? There are private server of newer versions out there but the apparent verdict is that the newer files sucked some of the fun out of the game. Take a look at the server listings anyway, visit the sites, decide for yourself if the community looks worth it.

Other than that, determining if it's worth working on requires you to download the files and try it out. In my opinion, the game isn't the greatest, however it IS very similar to other old-school MMOs. I like working on obscure things so it was fun to play locally while translating.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    chinaLocation
    344Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    @exe19890522 Are your ODBC set up using the 32bit or 64bit Data Sources Administrator? I believe it needs to be in the 32bit. Make sure they're System DSN as well.

- - - Updated - - -

English client now uploaded and TW server file compatible - http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/relea...glish-1130781/
    thanks,but i still can't start services,odbcis ok,but use the happy.exe also can't connect.i don't know why.

Is there any world editor for its maps thats working? or also client assets editor / exporter etc?

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

@KarLi There are string editors, and some NPC stat editors etc which allow you to apparently add NPCs, but no current editors for making maps, exporting/creating/compressing textures etc, not yet :(.

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    2Posts

Hi Does anyone tested the GM function?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement