Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up 4Story 3.5 Server and Client Guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The video tutorial is very good, I followed all its steps and in the same order for the registry entries and still gives me the error when starting the TCTRL_GSP service, the only difference I have to your tutorial is that I use a virtual machine with Vmware, Is that the reason? If you could help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Kaelthas Ignore my PM, just saw you did find this video :). Not sure to be honest, I only run it locally off my machine, I don't use VMs. My only guess is you might need to uninstall the service, re-add the .reg for TCTRL_GSP after checking it's all using the correct details, then install TCTRL_GSP again, as per the video? That's the only way I managed to fix it on my machine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, for some reason I did not see your messages sorry, I will try everything from the beginning and I will leave you step by step each of the steps I do, I had my doubt about the virtual machine I thought that could be my problem there. Thanks again

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've made a video showing how to run the 4Story 3.5 server and client files, located in the Releases section here in RaGEZONE. Also shows how to run TCTRL_GSP when you get the unspecified code error.

I cant install OBDC in step 4, how can _I do that ? because i cant connect to my sqlexpress server, I dont use local, its the name of my PC, its has password did you have the obdc for 32 only? if I sport the obdc register its apear 64 bits but you say that need to be 32 bits rigth?

I cant start the services, only TPATCH_GSP ...the TLOG0 SETUP and TLOG1 SETUP say "Could open service manager"

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I could UP the server thanks to this video:

In my case the problems with the obdc its like I need to execute the SysWoW64 and doing the steps in that video...for example change the name of myPC+user HuesoSSD\SQLEXPRESS

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for any mix-up there. And thanks for putting your post up so others can read and perhaps try that to solve their issue.

Computers are fast; programmers keep it slow.
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I am still having problems running the service TCTRL_GSP. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Native Client 11.0 (for 2012) any workarounds for this?

Also, I am running this on a VMWare.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there! I am still having problems running the service TCTRL_GSP. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Native Client 11.0 (for 2012) any workarounds for this?

Also, I am running this on a VMWare.

use 64bit or 32bit ?

ok like first post, TCTRL_GSP or other service not work problem just on ODBC
Then, if ODBC is fine, still cant Connect, open SQL Server Configuration Manager, then see at native client for setup disable or enable afterthat restart your sql server. Cek your port sql too ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
guys, i everywhere search files, client, sources and database...
dou you have these files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, actualy when i start TCTRL srv he try to start, loading but at the end nothing, after that cant start the other, I'm on Windows10 , is the reason of all my errors? Need help pls :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ctrl is only for accepting requests from happytool where you can adjust some ingame rates, tournaments etc. its basically not needed if you want to run svr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've made a video showing how to run the 4Story 3.5 server and client files, located in the Releases section here in RaGEZONE. Also shows how to run TCTRL_GSP when you get the unspecified code error.

Where i find bat files from your video please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did everything and that works now. But how to edit gold ????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TCHARTABLE (idk if there is function to send gold to this version,but you can create it by yourself)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TCHARTABLE (idk if there is function to send gold to this version,but you can create it by yourself)
GOD DAMN, SINCE LAPTOP SCREEN IS TOO SMALL I DID NOT SEE OTHER COLUMNS. I AM RETARTED. I SEE IT NOW. 4.4 IS AS EASY AS 3.5 to install ?THX.

Back