4Story and Windows 10

SubscriberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    CubaLocation
    62Posts

4Story and Windows 10

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I have a problem with the 4Story client, on windows 7,8 it works correctly but on windows 10 it runs very slow, there is some solution for this, thanks

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,990Posts

Re: 4Story and Windows 10

Someone told me to replace the dx file with an older one. Try that
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    For some reason when the client is open, my pc gets verrry verry slow. Even though I have a 6-Core processor and 8-GB of RAM lol.
    Are you using Windows 10?

Then your problem is, that the new Anniversary Version of Windows 10 does not Support the old DirectX 9. So you have to download an old d3d9.dll and copy it into the Main folder of the game.

SubscriberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    CubaLocation
    62Posts

Thanks, it worked perfectly.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,826Posts

Yep, Windows 10 killed a lot of elderly games with their updates so far. Afaik DirectX 9 is still supported (not included though), but the device setup most of these games use is deprecated or incompatible with windows 10 gaming settings. Which results in horrible performance or the games not working at all.

Also please be careful when downloading random .dlls from hosting sites. It's very easy to place some unwanted spy or malware functionality inside of them. Instead of downloading single .dlls you should always be looking for some kind of official end-user runtime.

This should be the trusted DX9 end-user runtime download which you need: Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

True MemberRank
    Feb 2004 Join Date
    Tandil, ArgentiLocation
    330Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelthas View Post
    Thanks, it worked perfectly.
    Mi friend had the same issue we try on their PC Index of /other but..not work? how exactly do you fix that?
    Web Developer
    Tandil Ajedrez WebMaster
    MuX Online comming soon !!

SubscriberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    CubaLocation
    62Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metallica View Post
    Mi friend had the same issue we try on their PC Index of /other but..not work? how exactly do you fix that?
    Copy of my mega link I leave you and the file d3d9.dll put it in the main folder of the game and it worked perfect.

https://mega.nz/#!IIYhxBCI!Zts6v5MHR...SHEwW2uSC47roo

Advertisement