Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Fix 4Story Client Slowdown on Windows 10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem with the 4Story client, on windows 7,8 it works correctly but on windows 10 it runs very slow, there is some solution for this, thanks

Reaction score
Someone told me to replace the dx file with an older one. Try that
Intense said:
For some reason when the client is open, my pc gets verrry verry slow. Even though I have a 6-Core processor and 8-GB of RAM lol.

Are you using Windows 10?

Then your problem is, that the new Anniversary Version of Windows 10 does not Support the old DirectX 9. So you have to download an old d3d9.dll and copy it into the Main folder of the game.

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Yep, Windows 10 killed a lot of elderly games with their updates so far. Afaik DirectX 9 is still supported (not included though), but the device setup most of these games use is deprecated or incompatible with windows 10 gaming settings. Which results in horrible performance or the games not working at all.

Also please be careful when downloading random .dlls from hosting sites. It's very easy to place some unwanted spy or malware functionality inside of them. Instead of downloading single .dlls you should always be looking for some kind of official end-user runtime.

This should be the trusted DX9 end-user runtime download which you need:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mi friend had the same issue we try on their PC but..not work? how exactly do you fix that?

Copy of my mega link I leave you and the file d3d9.dll put it in the main folder of the game and it worked perfect.

Upvote 0
Back