Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiling Old Code in VS 2005 - Need Help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, can someone help me? I downloaded VS 2005 (.NET 2003 not supported) but i'm getting errors of all types, a first error "afxwin.h", that was an MFC class i had to pick up from a folder, after i got an error WINNT version must be higher or equal that 0x0501 and i fixed it, now i get target version not supported. I'm sure that the source is too old and i don't have that kind of includes, anyone help?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Release (4Story Source 4.4)

Hey, can someone help me? I downloaded VS 2005 (.NET 2003 not supported) but i'm getting errors of all types, a first error "afxwin.h", that was an MFC class i had to pick up from a folder, after i got an error WINNT version must be higher or equal that 0x0501 and i fixed it, now i get target version not supported. I'm sure that the source is too old and i don't have that kind of includes, anyone help?

Hey ! You need to set WINVER and WIN_HT (or something like that, just behind) to 501 !

Target version... At the top there are a selector with "Release" or "Debug" and at right, an selector with "x86" or "x64", so you need to set only x86 ! :)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey ! You need to set WINVER and WIN_HT (or something like that, just behind) to 501 !

Target version... At the top there are a selector with "Release" or "Debug" and at right, an selector with "x86" or "x64", so you need to set only x86 ! :)

The problem is that my MFC (afxwin. H) require >= 501, probably because the version is too high? I have no idea where to install another one

And in target version i've just "WIN32", i added a new one called x86 but still the error occours, for the MFC i modified the afxwin.h to now show that error since those version are no longer supported..

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

poop ! Don't put 501, but put the version of VS 2005 !
At the end i just downloaded sources of 4.4, i guess 3.5 is too old.. Now im getting TString.tcd not found, do i miss something? i just finished compiling. seems like i need a folder tcd/ and that file

Upvote 0
Back