• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Compiling Old Code in VS 2005 - Need Help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, can someone help me? I downloaded VS 2005 (.NET 2003 not supported) but i'm getting errors of all types, a first error "afxwin.h", that was an MFC class i had to pick up from a folder, after i got an error WINNT version must be higher or equal that 0x0501 and i fixed it, now i get target version not supported. I'm sure that the source is too old and i don't have that kind of includes, anyone help?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Release (4Story Source 4.4)

Hey, can someone help me? I downloaded VS 2005 (.NET 2003 not supported) but i'm getting errors of all types, a first error "afxwin.h", that was an MFC class i had to pick up from a folder, after i got an error WINNT version must be higher or equal that 0x0501 and i fixed it, now i get target version not supported. I'm sure that the source is too old and i don't have that kind of includes, anyone help?

Hey ! You need to set WINVER and WIN_HT (or something like that, just behind) to 501 !

Target version... At the top there are a selector with "Release" or "Debug" and at right, an selector with "x86" or "x64", so you need to set only x86 ! :)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey ! You need to set WINVER and WIN_HT (or something like that, just behind) to 501 !

Target version... At the top there are a selector with "Release" or "Debug" and at right, an selector with "x86" or "x64", so you need to set only x86 ! :)

The problem is that my MFC (afxwin. H) require >= 501, probably because the version is too high? I have no idea where to install another one

And in target version i've just "WIN32", i added a new one called x86 but still the error occours, for the MFC i modified the afxwin.h to now show that error since those version are no longer supported..

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

poop ! Don't put 501, but put the version of VS 2005 !
At the end i just downloaded sources of 4.4, i guess 3.5 is too old.. Now im getting TString.tcd not found, do i miss something? i just finished compiling. seems like i need a folder tcd/ and that file

Upvote 0
Back