Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trouble restoring SQL Server database

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i was about to restore the tgame and tglobal bak files on my sql server and this error pop ups . I searched all over the internet and i found out there are 2 possible reasons why that error pop ups .
1) the bak file is corrupted
2) the bak file has been restored in another sql version (im using r9 2008)

can anyone help me or give me any good bak file ? (3.3 server files)

wCEdyhx - Trouble restoring SQL Server database - RaGEZONE Forums

edit : i think i found some right db , i config everything correctly but when it comes to start tlogin i get this error : "some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs" (only on tlogin , everything else starts fine)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you already reinstal the services and redo the registry?
if yes, i have another solution that already helped me once when i had the same issue:
go into the services
search for your sql servername and see if the sqlbrowser and sqlserver-services are on or off... if its off, try to turn it on and set to auto start..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i remember good every public 3.3 files had database made in sqlsrv 2012+ try upgrading your svr :D

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you already reinstal the services and redo the registry?
if yes, i have another solution that already helped me once when i had the same issue:
go into the services
search for your sql servername and see if the sqlbrowser and sqlserver-services are on or off... if its off, try to turn it on and set to auto start..

If i remember good every public 3.3 files had database made in sqlsrv 2012+ try upgrading your svr :D

fixed it , it was wrong database problem (and i had to upgrade my sql to 2012)

well every service is up
odbc configed as well navicat
but on login screen i get a network error (im using 3.3 files and classic4s client)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same problem, i think that database like Classic 4story or other are bugged and you have '' Specific c ast not valid''.. I tried to upgrade sql to 2012 version and i had the same problem of you! In any case i suggest you try database 3.4 (it's the same in my opinion) but you have to use 3.3 Source by Agnares ( I compile it, change tclient with your own compiled and they work very well with classic 4story client :) )

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same problem, i think that database like Classic 4story or other are bugged and you have '' Specific c ast not valid''.. I tried to upgrade sql to 2012 version and i had the same problem of you! In any case i suggest you try database 3.4 (it's the same in my opinion) but you have to use 3.3 Source by Agnares ( I compile it, change tclient with your own compiled and they work very well with classic 4story client :) )

3.3 agnares source with 3.4GAM/3.4GL db and classic4s client with own compiled tclient then ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
3.3 agnares source with 3.4GAM/3.4GL db and classic4s client with own compiled tclient then ?

Yes exactly, repleace the tclient compiled in 4story classic client then start with your ip and 4816! For me works very well :D

Upvote 0
Back