Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Issue with Quests Window: Cannot Accept or Complete

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi,

Its a strange behaviour, the first time that appers the UI of a Quest you can ACCEPT/COMPLETE... but NEXT windows quest you can click on ACCEPT/COMPLETE, sounds like lose the "ID" of the quest or something like that (maybe its a problem with the client in refresing windows) :

idZmNC6 - Issue with Quests Window: Cannot Accept or Complete - RaGEZONE Forums

But...if you press ESC and click on the NPC again...the UI fixed...

eG7G7Ph - Issue with Quests Window: Cannot Accept or Complete - RaGEZONE Forums

I saw a few ppl trying to help eachother, I wanna colaborate, and maybe a lots of "issues" are not well documented, would be good open a github or something like that?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Title is a bit misleading. The first time you talk to a quest giver, you can accept or decline the quest. After accepting, talking to the quest giver again will give you the same UI window, but the accept and decline buttons are not clickable.

Personally, I thought this was just bad oversight and was actually part of the game, I've not played retail 4story before. But, given you can still accept or decline the quests and those buttons only don't work after you DO accept it, I don't personally see it as an issue. Unfortunately I don't have the time to develop these files, but put a call out to others in the main 4story forum and see if you can rally some people together :).

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Title is a bit misleading. The first time you talk to a quest giver, you can accept or decline the quest. After accepting, talking to the quest giver again will give you the same UI window, but the accept and decline buttons are not clickable.

Personally, I thought this was just bad oversight and was actually part of the game, I've not played retail 4story before. But, given you can still accept or decline the quests and those buttons only don't work after you DO accept it, I don't personally see it as an issue. Unfortunately I don't have the time to develop these files, but put a call out to others in the main 4story forum and see if you can rally some people together :).

Thanks for your point of view, I never play 4story its a new game for me, so this strange behaviour would be acceptable if its "normal"...i was thinking that was a bug.

You stop 4story development? only for curiosity...why?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a new game for me too :). Pretty fun, but I found the walking sounds really annoying because it makes one footstep sound really loud, and the other quiet x_x. I thought it was a bug initially too, but who knows. I stopped 4story just because of time, I'm developing my own mobile game at the moment so that needs to take priority. I'll eventually come back to this, though, it's fun :).

Upvote 0
Back