Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where to find old patch login screen background?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi,
does anyone have the old patch login screen without the login box? only the background.
i need it its really important and i dont know how to get these images.. i have the source but i cant open the files in the data>img folder >.<

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this file is in hex.. hex are just numbers no images >.< ....
and no its not possible to open tclientcmd.tif in any imageviewer or editor. atleast i couldnt find any program that can after 1h of research.
i have around 35 tools in my source folder but none of them can open these files either.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i really hate to ask so many questions but when i select the tclientcmd.tif in the tcmlparser and press "compile" i get some weird debug error... can you maybe send me your tcmlparser? maybe mine is broken..

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i really hate to ask so many questions but when i select the tclientcmd.tif in the tcmlparser and press "compile" i get some weird debug error... can you maybe send me your tcmlparser? maybe mine is broken..

The TCmlParser is not broken. It just builds tcmd.tif from .tsc file format located in history files folder. If you want .tsc you must reverse this tool

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys,
is there any known way to get the current location of an online player to show it on a website?? i cant figure out a way...
it works in the game but idk how they did it in the client :/

Upvote 0
Put Community First
Reaction score
As far as I recall (which could be wrong, it HAS been a while since I've been here, lol) the only stored player positions are when they log off in one of the DB tables for character data.

If there's no similar field that gets updated, you'd need to code it in the source to write the player position every ___ (your amount) seconds to a new DB field, and then use that data for your site. If what I said about it writing player location on log off is correct, you should be able to find that code, modify it and add it into a new function, then put a call to that function.

No, I'm not back, still doing a TONNE of work and Uni, but I thought I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing :). Nice to see some activity still in 4Story!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes your right about the update when a player logs out. but in the game, it works without logout. if you go into the friends-tab, you can see the players location and its updating after every teleport.. but i dont know much about the source and programming (i only learned website languages..) so i cant really figure out how it works.. but ill try to do what you said. thanks

edit: couldnt find the function that writes the position into the db.. but thats no surprise since i never learned these programming languages :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys could someone maybe tell me how i can "reactivate" the "upper garden" with all quests etc? its the tutorial map.

i would.also like to know how to change the mob respawn time.. i know its in mobspawn table at dwdelay but when i dont really understand what value i need.. i tried 1000, mob respawned after 1min. i tried 3000: again 1min i tried a few more and when i reached 10000 it was still 1minute..
and when i changed it to another value that i forgot (think it was 100k) i couldnt login on my char anymore.. the client froze and i had to restart the game + change my chars location in the database...
yes i restarted the tworld after every change

ps: please dont comment with "wow so many questions please stop trying to make a server"..
guys im doing this just for fun and for education.. ive already done a ton of changes (source and database) by myself but at some things i get stuck because im still a beginner...
thanks ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
does anyone have a tutorial about how to create a quest npc? (normal or repeatable)
i created 1 npc, added the quest in the tquest file and in the database.
i can take the quest but when i have all the items, i cant finish it because i cant open the npc anymore.. its as if he gets deactivated when i accept the quest.. if i abandon the quest, i can accept it again but cant complete even tho i have all neccesarry items and it says "finished"

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can someone please tell me why the homeport npc in yesode, horuland and tebekut doesnt work? markut,keter and avalon work..
i looked into the tcd.. the npctype, exec id and menu id are the same like in the working homeport npc. the values in the db are also all the same for all homeport npcs so why do they not work ffs? i really cant figure out why..
and another one... every single crafting works 100% like it should except for the lvl38 "new" gor weapons .. they work for all classes but on the evocator i get a short sword in the crafting menu instead of magic weapons... the weapon craft works for all classes (mage gets magic weapons etc) but not for summoner (only 38 new gor doesnt work.. all.other weapons work for summoner)..

Upvote 0
Back