[Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93
  1. #16
    Spewing Logic Since 93 RapidBlue is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    The CityLocation
    702Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Ping for me isn't to bad on the EU server get about 100 ping and I live in California so its not to bad.
    I rarely come on, but when I do, I post logical shit.

  2. #17
    Spewing Logic Since 93 RapidBlue is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    The CityLocation
    702Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    The updates have been rolling in the discord is active between the BR and EN community. Still no boss loot tables but I hear it's coming soon the server is very active on both servers so if you wanted to try BDO but don't want to play catch up on the official it's a good time to try this server now.
    I rarely come on, but when I do, I post logical shit.

  3. #18
    Registered mhitandyr is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    4Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    my experience with these guys: browsed their forums, the project manager was active, he wasn't very friendly though most of the posts made were locked by him with a simply "read" okay thats understable to a degree after all it was said on red letters kay fine, went and made my own post asked a question ("i downgraded the client but im stuck at initializing, how can i fix this? thanks for your atention!" politely gratefull and on a friendly way i asked admin instead of locking this post if he could give me a answer as i was confused about the launcher behavior, admin deleted post no reply whatsoever, tried posting again asking for members for help since admin was being all but friendly, admin deleted post again, all in all, these guys are very intolerant and not willing to help on a genuine way,

    -stay away of them if you can

  4. #19
    Member ogrefestorg is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by mhitandyr View Post
    my experience with these guys: browsed their forums, the project manager was active, he wasn't very friendly though most of the posts made were locked by him with a simply "read" okay thats understable to a degree after all it was said on red letters kay fine, went and made my own post asked a question ("i downgraded the client but im stuck at initializing, how can i fix this? thanks for your atention!" politely gratefull and on a friendly way i asked admin instead of locking this post if he could give me a answer as i was confused about the launcher behavior, admin deleted post no reply whatsoever, tried posting again asking for members for help since admin was being all but friendly, admin deleted post again, all in all, these guys are very intolerant and not willing to help on a genuine way,

    -stay away of them if you can
    You were not friendly actually. All of OgreFest new and old members know that we have to update to the latest Kakao client and it's not an easy task. Repeatedly spamming forums, discord won't help to solve your problem faster.
    Our launcher has told you precisely that your client is NOT supported because you have latest client and we haven't updated yet besides there was a message "WAIT FOR SERVER UPDATE" and to not spam our forum nor discord.
    But you went on and kept creating topics even after we removed them, stated in my previous sentance. You came to chat and started raging at developers for no reason.

    We receive more than 400 messages a day and it's really annoying that people don't follow the simplicity of reading the error message to the end. I suggest that you redirect your negativity elsewhere rather than developers. We do it for free, not for money, have some respect at least.

  5. #20
    Registered mhitandyr is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    4Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    lol thats pretty funny, what is your definition of spamming, tell me? creating 2 posts? because thats the amount of posts i created i wasn't friendly? let me repeat here exactly my post:

    "hey admin i hope you don't delete my post and give a proper answer because i have a doubt well here is the issue:

    well i know you have to upgrade the client thing is i downgraded mine using version.dat i get the launcher running up and all but my client is stuck at initializing can you give a idea of what should i do? or do i need to update it to the next version thankies!"

    next thing i got, your guys deleted post, created a new one asking for help to THE MEMBERS not you because i realized your guys were crooks, and what happened next? you also deleted that post? how is that not being friendly uh? also the only thing i did on your discord was "is understable why they would get annoyed to a certain degree, but they should be more welcoming toward new members", not to mention i talked to your other members on private and they also said you admins get salty when asked questions, which is true, thats on no way shape or form, spam or raging get your facts straight. you want me to have respect? how about you show proper respect and give a decent answer instead of just plain deleting a post for no reason, i know the client wasn't supported but like i said i downgraded it a simply "you need to wait for update" wouldn't have killed you, and would have prevented all of this, we downloaded and spent a long time waiting, if you can't just give a proper answer you shouldn't release something to the public. again, your guys are crooks.

  6. #21
    Member ogrefestorg is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by mhitandyr View Post
    lol thats pretty funny, what is your definition of spamming, tell me? creating 2 posts? because thats the amount of posts i created i wasn't friendly? let me repeat here exactly my post:

    "hey admin i hope you don't delete my post and give a proper answer because i have a doubt well here is the issue:

    well i know you have to upgrade the client thing is i downgraded mine using version.dat i get the launcher running up and all but my client is stuck at initializing can you give a idea of what should i do? or do i need to update it to the next version thankies!"

    next thing i got, your guys deleted post, created a new one asking for help to THE MEMBERS not you because i realized your guys were crooks, and what happened next? you also deleted that post? how is that not being friendly uh? also the only thing i did on your discord was "is understable why they would get annoyed to a certain degree, but they should be more welcoming toward new members", not to mention i talked to your other members on private and they also said you admins get salty when asked questions, which is true, thats on no way shape or form, spam or raging get your facts straight. you want me to have respect? how about you show proper respect and give a decent answer instead of just plain deleting a post for no reason, i know the client wasn't supported but like i said i downgraded it a simply "you need to wait for update" wouldn't have killed you, and would have prevented all of this, we downloaded and spent a long time waiting, if you can't just give a proper answer you shouldn't release something to the public. again, your guys are crooks.
    You were given proper instructions to apply the patch, yet you blame us. Members ether way create massive amounts of topics with same message ether "is server offline" or "client not supported" but still miss the crucial part. By you saying that we don't welcome new members, you are kind-of wrong there, since you are showing full negativity towards us, instead of coming to discord server and asking in the public chat how to apply the patch. Multiple help desk members answered with an image, some even with a video how to apply the patch.

    Yet again, we work for free, we don't have any donations, we don't ask your money, we don't beg that you would play here, if you do not like the server, you can simply leave. OgreFest was updated yesterday in the evening and everyone can login and play perfectly fine.

  7. #22
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Charsy is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jan 2011 Join Date
    238Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    If they were crooks they wouldnt have given away so many Pearls every 30 min for free.
    Unlike the other server where you have to actually buy them or beg friends and other users with referal links or be lucky to win in an event , and even then you still dont get enough to buy one lousy costume.

    I love Ogrefest but the drop rates are , well kinda lower than the official ...
    Really hope they'l increase them.

  8. #23
    Registered Adubs is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    15Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by Charsy View Post
    If they were crooks they wouldnt have given away so many Pearls every 30 min for free.
    Unlike the other server where you have to actually buy them or beg friends and other users with referal links or be lucky to win in an event , and even then you still dont get enough to buy one lousy costume.

    I love Ogrefest but the drop rates are , well kinda lower than the official ...
    Really hope they'l increase them.

    The "other server" is a fully functional server with full features. Ogrefest is essentially just a half functioning test server. You can't really compare the two as if ogrefest is doing something special. If there were no benefits such as that then no one would play at all. No one enjoys testing bugs for free. Not downtalking Ogrefest's progress in emulation, just noting that you can't act like they aren't ensuring people actually play without the free cash.

  9. #24
    Member ogrefestorg is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Tomorrow is retail update day. Really hope you guys don't make mistake and update. The launcher always updates you client for you, we update the server when we find details what they have changed

  10. #25
    Alpha Member john007 is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2005 Join Date
    In MarsLocation
    2,069Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by Adubs View Post
    The "other server" is a fully functional server with full features. Ogrefest is essentially just a half functioning test server. You can't really compare the two as if ogrefest is doing something special. If there were no benefits such as that then no one would play at all. No one enjoys testing bugs for free. Not downtalking Ogrefest's progress in emulation, just noting that you can't act like they aren't ensuring people actually play without the free cash.
    That servers probably costs a lot of $$$ to obtain the official server files. OgreFest is based on source that has been released on RZ.

  11. #26
    Registered Adubs is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    15Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by john007 View Post
    That servers probably costs a lot of $$$ to obtain the official server files. OgreFest is based on source that has been released on RZ.
    That server is 100% using stolen files, just as 90% of other private servers of games out there use. They definitely didnt put one cent into buying anything, they just hacked the developers/publishers. Ogrefest is actually people working on their own files, yes it was once public. Regardless it really has nothing to do with it, I was just explaining that you cant compare a fully functional game with a test server like ogre fest, especially in terms of cash shops.

  12. #27
    Member ogrefestorg is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by john007 View Post
    That servers probably costs a lot of $$$ to obtain the official server files. OgreFest is based on source that has been released on RZ.
    You should make research before you make such claims, Our files were never public and we had a working emulator way before any of people started working and sharing in RZ.

  13. #28
    Alpha Member john007 is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2005 Join Date
    In MarsLocation
    2,069Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Funny u talk like I know nothing about emulator. Bugs as hell. I never get involved in those source caused it uses too much time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adubs View Post
    That server is 100% using stolen files, just as 90% of other private servers of games out there use. They definitely didnt put one cent into buying anything, they just hacked the developers/publishers. Ogrefest is actually people working on their own files, yes it was once public. Regardless it really has nothing to do with it, I was just explaining that you cant compare a fully functional game with a test server like ogre fest, especially in terms of cash shops.
    You the ones with multiple accounts for RZ should do more research. They stole files? You have proved? Or just jealous over them? Be a big kids and face it.

  14. #29
    Newbie sanosuke1861 is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    2Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    I'd like to give my impression on this server after having spent a week on it.

    As stated in their FAQ a lot of features aren't fully implemented yet and the things that are implemented are still very early in development resulting in some mixed results and bugs. The combat works fine for the most part except that after reaching level 50 you almost do not need any Armor because the normal mobs do almost no damage. Life Skills do not work yet except for Alchemy and so on.

    The biggest selling point is their Pearl friendly service. You receive a certain amount of pearls every 30 minutes you are logged in and the amount depends on whether it is weekend or a weekday. The community in game is vast and the exp rates make it rather easy to level up to 56.

    Now to the most frustrating part of this server, the developers / admins. If you were to decide to join this server and furthermore join their discord channel, be very careful of what you say. The developer named Nullbyte is a serious pain. He acts as an irrational child and doesn't hold back to ban you instantly from Discord (and the game?) should you even dare to address some issues. Overall a normal discussion was not possible there because of the heavy surveillance.
    Yes, I was banned from Discord because someone else was talking about another pserver while I only commented on it. I was then alleged to advertise the other named server which I didn't. I pointed out the context in a calm and mature manner but that was when Nullbyte hit a break and banned me. I've seen many people receiving the same treatment in the past.

    My verdict, the server is fun to play and very well populated. If you are solely interested in combat (mostly PVE yet) then this server might just be for you. Just stay away from the developer Nullbyte as his immature behavior leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.

  15. #30
    Member ogrefestorg is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

    Re: [Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

    Quote Originally Posted by john007 View Post
    Funny u talk like I know nothing about emulator. Bugs as hell. I never get involved in those source caused it uses too much time.
    Pleas tell me in which language is our core written. How many years we work on them. Why is it so hard to emulate Black Desert Online. When did we create the first emulator. At your last sentance you say that you never got involved, but yet you say it uses too much time thus you saying that you know something about our emulator. Yet again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke1861 View Post
    I'd like to give my impression on this server after having spent a week on it.

    As stated in their FAQ a lot of features aren't fully implemented yet and the things that are implemented are still very early in development resulting in some mixed results and bugs. The combat works fine for the most part except that after reaching level 50 you almost do not need any Armor because the normal mobs do almost no damage. Life Skills do not work yet except for Alchemy and so on.

    The biggest selling point is their Pearl friendly service. You receive a certain amount of pearls every 30 minutes you are logged in and the amount depends on whether it is weekend or a weekday. The community in game is vast and the exp rates make it rather easy to level up to 56.

    Now to the most frustrating part of this server, the developers / admins. If you were to decide to join this server and furthermore join their discord channel, be very careful of what you say. The developer named Nullbyte is a serious pain. He acts as an irrational child and doesn't hold back to ban you instantly from Discord (and the game?) should you even dare to address some issues. Overall a normal discussion was not possible there because of the heavy surveillance.
    Yes, I was banned from Discord because someone else was talking about another pserver while I only commented on it. I was then alleged to advertise the other named server which I didn't. I pointed out the context in a calm and mature manner but that was when Nullbyte hit a break and banned me. I've seen many people receiving the same treatment in the past.

    My verdict, the server is fun to play and very well populated. If you are solely interested in combat (mostly PVE yet) then this server might just be for you. Just stay away from the developer Nullbyte as his immature behavior leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.
    You were never banned in Discord. You were simply muted. If you were the person that asked too much about legality etc, of course you would get banned. None of our members have problems with Nullbyte, only you. If you have something against him, go to him and talk to him directly and not create multiple hate topics. Sorry for any problems caused by him.



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Advertisement