Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Black Desert Online] OgreFest | Big Player Base | Free to play | No pay to win

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol thats pretty funny, what is your definition of spamming, tell me? creating 2 posts? because thats the amount of posts i created i wasn't friendly? let me repeat here exactly my post:

"hey admin i hope you don't delete my post and give a proper answer because i have a doubt well here is the issue:

well i know you have to upgrade the client thing is i downgraded mine using version.dat i get the launcher running up and all but my client is stuck at initializing can you give a idea of what should i do? or do i need to update it to the next version thankies!"

next thing i got, your guys deleted post, created a new one asking for help to THE MEMBERS not you because i realized your guys were crooks, and what happened next? you also deleted that post? how is that not being friendly uh? also the only thing i did on your discord was "is understable why they would get annoyed to a certain degree, but they should be more welcoming toward new members", not to mention i talked to your other members on private and they also said you admins get salty when asked questions, which is true, thats on no way shape or form, spam or raging get your facts straight. you want me to have respect? how about you show proper respect and give a decent answer instead of just plain deleting a post for no reason, i know the client wasn't supported but like i said i downgraded it a simply "you need to wait for update" wouldn't have killed you, and would have prevented all of this, we downloaded and spent a long time waiting, if you can't just give a proper answer you shouldn't release something to the public. again, your guys are crooks.

You were given proper instructions to apply the patch, yet you blame us. Members ether way create massive amounts of topics with same message ether "is server offline" or "client not supported" but still miss the crucial part. By you saying that we don't welcome new members, you are kind-of wrong there, since you are showing full negativity towards us, instead of coming to discord server and asking in the public chat how to apply the patch. Multiple help desk members answered with an image, some even with a video how to apply the patch.

Yet again, we work for free, we don't have any donations, we don't ask your money, we don't beg that you would play here, if you do not like the server, you can simply leave. OgreFest was updated yesterday in the evening and everyone can login and play perfectly fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If they were crooks they wouldnt have given away so many Pearls every 30 min for free.
Unlike the other server where you have to actually buy them or beg friends and other users with referal links or be lucky to win in an event , and even then you still dont get enough to buy one lousy costume.

I love Ogrefest but the drop rates are , well kinda lower than the official ...
Really hope they'l increase them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If they were crooks they wouldnt have given away so many Pearls every 30 min for free.
Unlike the other server where you have to actually buy them or beg friends and other users with referal links or be lucky to win in an event , and even then you still dont get enough to buy one lousy costume.

I love Ogrefest but the drop rates are , well kinda lower than the official ...
Really hope they'l increase them.

The "other server" is a fully functional server with full features. Ogrefest is essentially just a half functioning test server. You can't really compare the two as if ogrefest is doing something special. If there were no benefits such as that then no one would play at all. No one enjoys testing bugs for free. Not downtalking Ogrefest's progress in emulation, just noting that you can't act like they aren't ensuring people actually play without the free cash.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tomorrow is retail update day. Really hope you guys don't make mistake and update. The launcher always updates you client for you, we update the server when we find details what they have changed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The "other server" is a fully functional server with full features. Ogrefest is essentially just a half functioning test server. You can't really compare the two as if ogrefest is doing something special. If there were no benefits such as that then no one would play at all. No one enjoys testing bugs for free. Not downtalking Ogrefest's progress in emulation, just noting that you can't act like they aren't ensuring people actually play without the free cash.

That servers probably costs a lot of $$$ to obtain the official server files. OgreFest is based on source that has been released on RZ.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That servers probably costs a lot of $$$ to obtain the official server files. OgreFest is based on source that has been released on RZ.

That server is 100% using stolen files, just as 90% of other private servers of games out there use. They definitely didnt put one cent into buying anything, they just hacked the developers/publishers. Ogrefest is actually people working on their own files, yes it was once public. Regardless it really has nothing to do with it, I was just explaining that you cant compare a fully functional game with a test server like ogre fest, especially in terms of cash shops.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You should make research before you make such claims, Our files were never public and we had a working emulator way before any of people started working and sharing in RZ.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Funny u talk like I know nothing about emulator. Bugs as hell. I never get involved in those source caused it uses too much time.

That server is 100% using stolen files, just as 90% of other private servers of games out there use. They definitely didnt put one cent into buying anything, they just hacked the developers/publishers. Ogrefest is actually people working on their own files, yes it was once public. Regardless it really has nothing to do with it, I was just explaining that you cant compare a fully functional game with a test server like ogre fest, especially in terms of cash shops.

You the ones with multiple accounts for RZ should do more research. They stole files? You have proved? Or just jealous over them? Be a big kids and face it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'd like to give my impression on this server after having spent a week on it.

As stated in their FAQ a lot of features aren't fully implemented yet and the things that are implemented are still very early in development resulting in some mixed results and bugs. The combat works fine for the most part except that after reaching level 50 you almost do not need any Armor because the normal mobs do almost no damage. Life Skills do not work yet except for Alchemy and so on.

The biggest selling point is their Pearl friendly service. You receive a certain amount of pearls every 30 minutes you are logged in and the amount depends on whether it is weekend or a weekday. The community in game is vast and the exp rates make it rather easy to level up to 56.

Now to the most frustrating part of this server, the developers / admins. If you were to decide to join this server and furthermore join their discord channel, be very careful of what you say. The developer named Nullbyte is a serious pain. He acts as an irrational child and doesn't hold back to ban you instantly from Discord (and the game?) should you even dare to address some issues. Overall a normal discussion was not possible there because of the heavy surveillance.
Yes, I was banned from Discord because someone else was talking about another pserver while I only commented on it. I was then alleged to advertise the other named server which I didn't. I pointed out the context in a calm and mature manner but that was when Nullbyte hit a break and banned me. I've seen many people receiving the same treatment in the past.

My verdict, the server is fun to play and very well populated. If you are solely interested in combat (mostly PVE yet) then this server might just be for you. Just stay away from the developer Nullbyte as his immature behavior leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Funny u talk like I know nothing about emulator. Bugs as hell. I never get involved in those source caused it uses too much time.
Pleas tell me in which language is our core written. How many years we work on them. Why is it so hard to emulate Black Desert Online. When did we create the first emulator. At your last sentance you say that you never got involved, but yet you say it uses too much time thus you saying that you know something about our emulator. Yet again.

I'd like to give my impression on this server after having spent a week on it.

As stated in their FAQ a lot of features aren't fully implemented yet and the things that are implemented are still very early in development resulting in some mixed results and bugs. The combat works fine for the most part except that after reaching level 50 you almost do not need any Armor because the normal mobs do almost no damage. Life Skills do not work yet except for Alchemy and so on.

The biggest selling point is their Pearl friendly service. You receive a certain amount of pearls every 30 minutes you are logged in and the amount depends on whether it is weekend or a weekday. The community in game is vast and the exp rates make it rather easy to level up to 56.

Now to the most frustrating part of this server, the developers / admins. If you were to decide to join this server and furthermore join their discord channel, be very careful of what you say. The developer named Nullbyte is a serious pain. He acts as an irrational child and doesn't hold back to ban you instantly from Discord (and the game?) should you even dare to address some issues. Overall a normal discussion was not possible there because of the heavy surveillance.
Yes, I was banned from Discord because someone else was talking about another pserver while I only commented on it. I was then alleged to advertise the other named server which I didn't. I pointed out the context in a calm and mature manner but that was when Nullbyte hit a break and banned me. I've seen many people receiving the same treatment in the past.

My verdict, the server is fun to play and very well populated. If you are solely interested in combat (mostly PVE yet) then this server might just be for you. Just stay away from the developer Nullbyte as his immature behavior leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.

You were never banned in Discord. You were simply muted. If you were the person that asked too much about legality etc, of course you would get banned. None of our members have problems with Nullbyte, only you. If you have something against him, go to him and talk to him directly and not create multiple hate topics. Sorry for any problems caused by him.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You were never banned in Discord. You were simply muted. If you were the person that asked too much about legality etc, of course you would get banned. None of our members have problems with Nullbyte, only you. If you have something against him, go to him and talk to him directly and not create multiple hate topics. Sorry for any problems caused by him.

Uhm I am sorry but I feel like you are mistaking me for someone else because I never ever created any topics?. I never questioned any legality of the server or anything. Like I mentioned originally I only commented on someone who made mention of another BDO private server. In fact I was pointing out the perks of the Ogrefest server however I was framed as advertising the other server. I was warned to not do it and I simply tried to explain that I did not advertise anything. I was and still am banned from the discord channel. (My Discord nick is different). I received a PM from that Nullbyte guy saying "Warning 1/3" and I tried to reply to him but I couldn't because he blocked me.

As for your statement that none of the people is having issues with Nullbyte, I hate to burst your bubble. I've heard a lot of people in several guilds complaining about him and his temper. Anyways, I've tried your server, I gave a simple and short objectively review based on my experience for everyone to see it on this board. The verdict about the server itself was rather positive too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You the ones with multiple accounts for RZ should do more research. They stole files? You have proved? Or just jealous over them? Be a big kids and face it.

I dont need to provide any proof on this lol. It's a widely known fact that MANY private servers, especially under the .to domain are groups of individuals that hack server files from companies. You do realize that private servers are never legal right? Do you HONESTLY think the developers are selling files to no names who can't even build a website and they are perfectly fine with them taking their customers? Get a grip.

Server files are always stolen unless they are emulator based like Ogrefest. (Which still aren't 100% legal.)

No idea what you are talking about regarding forum accounts, this is my only one. lol. Get a grip on reality and stop being so defensive when you know nothing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so i played the pay to play version 7 day free pass and was looking into this server and was curios if it would a good one to join and is it still up and what the benefits of playing it as the free stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so i played the pay to play version 7 day free pass and was looking into this server and was curios if it would a good one to join and is it still up and what the benefits of playing it as the free stuff.

Its got a good community and an active staff, you also get free pearls for playing based on gametime. Only downside is that this is not a full game yet, its still being worked on. So if you want the best experience content wise, its not here much yet. I think its worht checking out if its for you though.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Already signed up before in the community, my question to the server has always been in if its any good for South East Asian players or technically, what's the difference between playing a non-emulator of the game?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do bosses in this server have the extremely annoying 1hit ko mechanics? Its what seriously is making me consider giving up on official BDO. I am sick of dying a thousand times over during every single boss fight even though I have good DP and gear. The 1hit ko mechanics need to go away permanently.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what's the difference between playing a non-emulator of the game?

Bugs.

Emulator = Not a complete working copy of the game, many things still do not work or work correctly. Its an ongoing bug fixing process.

Do bosses in this server have the extremely annoying 1hit ko mechanics?

Seeing as they are trying to match official, I'd say it will be the same unless they decide to change it later. As of now, bosses working period is a struggle (last i checked)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Verdict after a few days playing:
Server is decent, but many things needs to be fixed. GMs not so active. Nullbyte is a complete idiot, should get rid of him. Bad population, marketplace is a joke. Try to simulate the marketplace like it were high pop. In my opinion retail is not "pay to win" so I'd prefer playing there as the population is way higher and marketplace always have what you need.

Game is way too grindy, people don't want to grind the same amount they would need to do on official. Free pearls doesn't add up to this. Try another approach in order to attract players.

You're selling pearls for donations which is a -
You sold server files to gamezbdo, which is a big minus for me. I always encourage people to go open source and let other people who can code help and make emulators even better which is exactly what this need.

The only players I can recommend this is for the banned countries who cannot play on retail.

To be honest I have tried the other two server aswell and the future for bdo ps doesn't look bright, wrong people making servers nowadays :thumbdown:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Verdict after a few days playing:Server is decent, but many things needs to be fixed. GMs not so active. Nullbyte is a complete idiot, should get rid of him. Bad population, marketplace is a joke. Try to simulate the marketplace like it were high pop. In my opinion retail is not "pay to win" so I'd prefer playing there as the population is way higher and marketplace always have what you need. Game is way too grindy, people don't want to grind the same amount they would need to do on official. Free pearls doesn't add up to this. Try another approach in order to attract players.You're selling pearls for donations which is a -You sold server files to gamezbdo, which is a big minus for me. I always encourage people to go open source and let other people who can code help and make emulators even better which is exactly what this need.The only players I can recommend this is for the banned countries who cannot play on retail.To be honest I have tried the other two server aswell and the future for bdo ps doesn't look bright, wrong people making servers nowadays :thumbdown:

First of all, we don't have GM's, if you are referring to developers, you should know that it's not an easy task to develop Black Desert Online, probably the most hardest game to emulate out there, it wasn't written by newbies from Korea and the base is very complicated.
We provide some patch notes related to server here: Patch Notes - OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server ; there are daily updates that are hidden from public although the more major / noticable ones are written in patch notes.

Secondly, "You're selling pearls for donations", in fact the pearls are free see here: GUIDE: How do I get in-game Pearls? - OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server you gain them by playing on our server also our developers are not assholes, if "Nullbyte" is a complete idiot, then probably you did something wrong or very insulting things, judging from your profile picture and the way you wrote your love letter towards us, I can see the very opposite, selfish in-fact.

Thirdly, We have our own goals in Black Desert Online private servers which differ from your point of view.

Lastly, Thank you for your love towards our server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
February 9 - OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server

Back