Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Open development

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello !

Like many others here I guess, I've been very pleased to see this emu being released. I'm waiting since 3 years to be able to open a french p-server for a small roleplay community. Some friends are devs who could help on maintenance, but none of them want to work on developping the emu. Looks kinda difficult.

Since there is no real updates/improvements, my guess is that the work is done on closed source forks. I can really understand it, since I don't know if I would work on something released publicly without the possibility to charge it or to control who use it. But I come from MMORPG communities with active (or former active) dev teams who worked on open source emu (Lineage 2, Aion, WoW...). It looks like BDO won't have its public source emu, or not in a near future.

I hope this post won't be seen as spam/off topic. I just wanted to say that I hope that some brilliant devs will be able to give some of their time to build a working, open source BDO emu. Myself I could be ready to buy such a work (depending on the price, of course).

I'll stick to this forum and keep reading it, hoping to see such a project ! :)

Have a nice day everybody.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Bonjour,
je suis à la recherche d'une équipe pour crée un serveur privée bdo ^^
J'ai 3 dédier a disposition si besoin ...
Merci de me contacter via discord : Yurdead#4215
Merci !
Cordialement,
Yurdead

Hello,
I am looking for a team to create a private server bdo ^^
I have 3 dedicate available if needed ...
Thank you for contacting me via discord: Yurdead#4215
Regards,
Yurdead

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've noticed all of the discords for BDO development have been shutdown probably because of personal greed
but I'm opening one for everyone to talk I can also create brand-new sqlite databases so if you join I can create you an updated one as well as help people with and information about the game

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, your Discord link is not valid anymore !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am not sure how much time I'll actually have on my hands since I am a full-time JEE/full-stack developer (at work), but I got my hands on the 661 server source. If there is a newer source available (along with a client), please let me know so we can save ourselves some trouble.

Currently I'll be trying to get the realmserver to work good enough so it lets one join the game (when started along with the database and gameserver).

Since I already have a job, my time might be a bit short and I also do not know if I will manage to fix it so it at least works somehow, but I'll give it a try.

I am not interested in paid offers nor in sources, that are not supposed to be made publicly available. If I achieve anything, I'll be releasing it to the public here on RageZone. So if you are not okay helping me because of this - it's okay. But if you do help me, please keep this in mind.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

Good luck with that ! :)
Maybe you could be interested in getting in touch with Matt, who started to work on those 661 sources.
As far as I know, there are no newer sources available publicy, they are all worked on far from the public's eyes.
I have all the 661 files provided by Matt before his links were taken down. Just ask me if needed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey Via Nais, thank you very much for your reply :).

Please take a look at http://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-bdo-server-files-repack-1143141/index25.html#post8898001. If you have any idea OR if your source allows to at least properly connect using a v661 client (version.dat of my BDO client folder says it's 661), I'd be highly interested in your source. If after firing up the database, realm- and worldserver you cannot connect using the 661-BDO-client, then I probably have the same server files you have :).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The client/server combo I have allows me to connect to a server, but there are some random kicks after 15 minutes of in-game presence.
I'll send you the link to the server files (but my free Mega account has reached its downloadable quota, so I have to find a better way of sharing them).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well - the question is: is it the v661 server/client combo? Cause if so, I'd just need to check the size of the BDO client folder and perhaps the server-JARs (realmserver.jar, worldserver.jar). In the readme.txt of the BDO-server I have, it's written, that the realmserver does not properly work:
Loginserver is not working atm, I figured I would leave it until I got the game working more. Just need to fix the bans system.

I got the v491 server/client combo to work properly (though it had other problems - especially the source code not being complete etc.).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 661 files. The client folder is 24-25 Go (IIRC).
491 works pretty well compared to 661 but hey.. it's so old. :(

Which files to you need ? Only the two .jar ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think I have the wrong client. Somewhere I read, that DNC suggests NOT to use a GameZBD client. Sadly the BDO 661 NA/EU client that I have IS a GameZBD client - I wonder where to get something else. I can't find a clean BDO 661 NA/EU client and even then I wouldn't be too sure that entering the game without CheatEngine (and without it later being discovered by XC3) actually works...

If you have a client where you can simply enter a server (both v661), let me know. Either my 661 server is too old - or my client is broken.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Okay, I'll try to provide you with a link to download both client and server files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I have the wrong client. Somewhere I read, that DNC suggests NOT to use a GameZBD client. Sadly the BDO 661 NA/EU client that I have IS a GameZBD client - I wonder where to get something else. I can't find a clean BDO 661 NA/EU client and even then I wouldn't be too sure that entering the game without CheatEngine (and without it later being discovered by XC3) actually works...

If you have a client where you can simply enter a server (both v661), let me know. Either my 661 server is too old - or my client is broken.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not a lot are working, you'd better use 491 at this stage.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Via Nais - I completely share your sentiment. I'm more specialized in IT infrastructure but I do a lot of PHP, SQL, VB.NET, Java and C# on the side as well. I've already contacted @Matt about starting a public development project. Maybe we could form a team together with @beardilus, @Liandra and other interested devs? PM me for a quick chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would like us to pay attention to the "DP in PvP" that does not work friends, I was looking and this problem seems to be both on the server 491 and 661

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
DP isn't exactly straight damage reduction. DP is basically a calculation between evasion and DR. Try testing with a kite shield and a weapon.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm interested in devs and I am a java coder.
And,is your project still developing?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm still trying to get in touch with people that are skilled in Java development and are willing to contribute to an open project. But due to the rareness of these profiles, it's pretty stale for now.

Back