Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Serious Long Term Developers Team for reporting back new developments to Ragezone

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We need a central source of information so that we can all build up what we're working with. I see no reason this forum shouldn't be it. So why don't those of us who are passionate about getting our own servers to work, and likely for financial reasons, show some integrity before we enter into the realms of the 1% and become absolutely corrupted by our new absolute power over a consumable addictive world that is infinitely customizable like no other private server before and all start out with the strongest and most modular streamline server software we can come up with by sharing our information here on ragezone, dedicating to at least creating a short topic on our latest developments. Maybe even create a little team when we're towering over the world in our newest Office in Dubai to check back in with Ragezone, and enable others to follow the same dreams we did so that they too can experience the thrillseeking life of someone who realized their own off of the hard work of others before them.

So yeah, respond here or in PM. I have a discord like everyone these days, and I'll give invites to anyone who agrees with any of the sentiments here and who will agree to never forget RZ where it all began and keep providing updates as they happen (or paying someone to do it for them).

I'm very serious about this and intend to spend at least the next 10 years building something even bigger out of this humble beginning and expanding the capabilities of what can be. This is the dream server to me. Learning how to maintain this server will teach me how to create a server for my own client to a game I've always wanted to make, and since this is required learning, I'm not leaving it until I've mastered it. Anyone else who feels the same way, let's get it started!

Well. a bit longwinded.

tl;dr Let's establish a team here. People who will work on the same stuff and share fixes and improvments and bug discoveries and work together to fix whatever shows up in this forum.

P.S. I got my server going, it's playable, just some QoL stuff missing primarily, and I'm still here ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I entirely agree with you and that is the precise reason why I have started an open development project together with Via Nais and others. We're currently in the startup phase and hope to make the RageZone BDO community thrive by realizing it. If you, alnyu or anyone else is willing to join, just PM me or Via Nais or Yurdead69 and I'm sure we'll make this work! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I entirely agree with you and that is the precise reason why I have started an open development project together with @Via Nais and others. We're currently in the startup phase and hope to make the RageZone BDO community thrive by realizing it. If you, @alnyu or anyone else is willing to join, just PM me or @Via Nais or @Yurdead69 and I'm sure we'll make this work! :)
Do you guys have a public repo which others can join and also contribute parts?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@vileelf Nothing is set in stone yet. We're currently thinking of aiming for a 795 release, but if you want to join the talks, you're welcome! PM me for more info. :)

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
Been working for years in Emu's, MuOnline and other games. Let me know where to start, we can arrange a github or something.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're all interested! We've recently managed to setup a repo so we're all set. Looking forward to working with you! :):

Reaction score
c# or still java?
Edit:
Java development is limited to few whilst if its c# at least majority can help.

It doesn't take much for C# developers to learn Java, I can't see why that would be a problem. There needs to be a development thread that people can view in addition to the github. Someone needs to write up detailed information on how the client works before anyone can even think of contributing.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
c# or still java?
Edit:
Java development is limited to few whilst if its c# at least majority can help.
Um no, it isn't. I've developed in Java since Java 1.0 (over 20 years now). Most of IBM's biggest moneymaker systems are written in Java and run on everything from Windows PCs to Linux & AIX to z390 mainframes. There are literally thousands of Java developers employed by them around the world. And there are thousands more that work for other large software houses.

There are a few emulator cores out there that are written in Java.

I get it that some prefer C# to develop in. I like using it too - even if it does encourage sloppy coding techniques. For cracking off a quick & dirty Windows utility C# is my first choice. For larger jobs that already have java-based foundation cores available to build emulators with I would use Java simply to keep things clean.

As Bergthor mentioned, it doesn't take much for a good C# coder to pick up Java. Just remember that Java is harsh in its exception handling requirements & you'll do fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This exact thread idea is why SWG Development is almost dead as well as the servers.. Garbage idea.

Back