Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Install MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + Secure Xampp

Reaction score
- Installing MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + SECURE XAMPP -

In order to install MuWeb 0.9 You have to use xampp (unless you want to install Zend Optimizer manual on the other webservers like easyphp,apache and so, I prefer xampp so this guide is based on xampp)

1) Click -->> <<-- to download xampp (There is alot of external mirrors on that website, External Mirror Nr. 2 is the best one, works always)

2) After you have downloaded xampp then install it. (This is one of the easiest part of the guide) Install it at: (c:\xampp) - As default.
3) Now go to your xampp folder (c:\xampp) then you will see a folder named htdocs there, double click it and delete all the files unless the folders "contrib, forbidden, xampp, restirected" <-- These are the folder names, Dont delete them.

4) Now download MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) to start downloading MuWeb 0.9 click on of the mirrors

(FileFront)
(SendSpace)
(RapidShare)

5) After you have downloaded MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) install it and extract the files into the htdocs folder: (c:/xampp/htdocs)

6) Go to "c:/xampp/htdocs/INSTALL STUFF" then double click MuWeb.reg and click Yes then OK. (PS: If you use MD5 then extract WZ_MD5_MOD.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn - Run the next code in SQL QUERY ANALYZER using Master database(ONLY IF YOU USE MD5):

Code:
exec sp_addextendedproc 'XP_MD5_EncodeKeyVal', 'WZ_MD5_MOD.dll'

7) Now open config_inc.php and edit it with your settings:

* $muweb['db_host'] - Database Host where SQL Server is hosted (127.0.0.1 if you host it yourself)
* $muweb['db_name'] - MU Online default database (MuOnline)
* $muweb['db_name2'] - MU Online secondary database (Me_MuOnline)
Note: If you use only 1 database (MuOnline) leave MuOnline
* $muweb['db_user'] - SQL access user (normally sa)
* $muweb['db_password'] - SQL access password (the password you did input when you installed your SQL Server)
* $muweb['connection_type'] - Leave this one as ODBC unless you got the Premium Version

REQUIRED APACHE MODS

Code:
1) Enable MOD REWRITE - Go to (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) , open it, find [COLOR="Red"]#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so[/COLOR], delete [B]#[/B] from the front save and restart the webserver.

Code:
2) GD Image Library - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini, search for [B][U][COLOR="Red"];extension=php_gd2.dll[/COLOR][/U][/B], delete [B];[/B] from the front close document and save

Code:
3) Zend Optimizer - Can be enabled from php.ini (in xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for [B][U][COLOR="Red"]zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off[/COLOR][/U][/B], change [B]Off to On[/B] (that means delete "Off" and write "On")

Code:
4) Search [B][U][COLOR="Red"]zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0[/COLOR][/U][/B], change [B]0 to 1[/B], close document and save. (Can be enabled from php.ini (in c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)

Code:
5) Zlib - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for [B][U][COLOR="Red"];extension=php_zlib_filter.dll[/COLOR][/U][/B], delete [B];[/B] from the front close document and save.

Code:
6) Mssql - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for [B][U][COLOR="Red"];extension=php_mssql.dll[/COLOR][/U][/B], delete [B];[/B] from the front close document and save.

Code:
7) Mod_Rewrite - In xampp this mod is already enabled, in others webservers you can enable it from httpd.conf (If it still wont work then check: (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) Search for [B][U][COLOR="Red"]#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so[/COLOR][/U][/B] and remove [B]#[/B] from the front.

8)

Now open your browser and go to: <example: http://yourservername/install.php>

8.1)
  • Connecting To Databases
8.2)
  • Checking,Altering Tables
8.3)
  • Password Encryption Type
8.4)
  • + NO MD5
  • + MD5 ENCRYPTION - Make sure you have complete Step 1. from the top of INSTALL NOTES
8.5)
  • Create Administrator Account
8.6)
  • Install Finished

NOW DELETE INSTALL.PHP FROM: <c:\xampp\htdocs\install.php>
ALSO DELETE THE FOLDER NAMED "PhpMyAdmin" You can find this folder at: <c:\xampp>

PS: YOU CAN ACCESS THE ADMIN CONTROL PANEL IF YOU LOGIN LIKE A USER (BUT LOGIN WITH THE USERNAME & PASSWORD YOU DID INPUT. LOOK AT 8.5)

EXAMPLE:

MuIsBest - Install MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + Secure Xampp - RaGEZONE Forums

HOW TO SECURE XAMPP:

Code:
Go to: <http://localhost/security>

When you are there you will see a text like this:

=> http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php <=   [allowed only for localhost]

Enter there.

Now you will see a new page.. Input your password at the MySQL Section.

After you are done click at the valid button.
(Your SQL server is safe now, it cant get hacked by the security folder anymore!)

Code:
Under the MySQL Section will you also see "XAMPP Directory PROTECTION (.htaccess) 
Enter the user and password you want 
(write this down somewhere because you will need this to login to the security page again. 
(This will block peoples to enter the security page - so the peoples with the correct username and password can get into the security page ONLY)

Code:
Now go to (c:\xampp\apache\bin) and open php.ini and search for: [B]safe_mode  = Off[/B]
[U]Delete Off and write On there.[/U]

Now will your PHP run in a safe mode.

HERE IS IT HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

MuIsBest - Install MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + Secure Xampp - RaGEZONE Forums

If you cant install it or so, please feel free to ask your questions on this Thread.

Credits:

=Master= - For Making MuWeb 0.9
- For Supporting & Making MuWeb 0.9
MuIsBest - For Creating The Guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Install MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + Secure Xampp

very nice ... you can make a guide for appserv also ... 10/10

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

♥ DeYuLeTzU ♥;3436450 said:
very nice ... you can make a guide for appserv also ... 10/10

same thing just follow the instructions! im using appserv and i just install zend optimizer thats it! i dont use xampp because xampp makes my server slow uses too much resources

Reaction score

same thing just follow the instructions! im using appserv and i just install zend optimizer thats it! i dont use xampp because xampp makes my server slow uses too much resources

Thats true, but some peoples cant manage to install Zend Optimizer on Apache.. Thats why they request a guide.

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nice guide, i guess this will keep muweb spamless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks, nice guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

help
still cant enable - GD Image Library and Mssql

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

great guide!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i make all think but it dont work when i go to locla host he show me that
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500
tomuu.no-ip.biz
05/31/08 23:39:47
Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

muweb 0.9

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

best guide ive seen in years!
good job :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

xampp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

very good guide, repp+++ for you dude :)

this "securing xampp" guide would be wonderful if someone had time to make it a lil earlier :D

Reaction score

very good guide, repp+++ for you dude :)

this "securing xampp" guide would be wonderful if someone had time to make it a lil earlier :D

Thank you!

Yah I know.. it could have been released as a guide for long time ago, but nevermind :) I did it, so enjoy it ;).

- MuIsBest

Back