Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

1 server on 2 pc's (mangos 3.1.3) Mangos 

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i already heard it's possible to run my WoW server on 2 pc's but i can't find out how? can someone please explain? thanks. :tongue:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes it can be run on two pc :
PC 1 : Core datas (e.g mangos projects) !
PC 2 : DBs Programs (e.g mysql,navicat,Easy PHP) !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes it can be run on two pc :
PC 1 : Core datas (e.g mangos projects) !
PC 2 : DBs Programs (e.g mysql,navicat,Easy PHP) !

hey, that was my plan, 1 pc mangos/realmd.
and other pc DB's

but could you explain how? i already tried a few things.. but I can't find out how..

Thanks

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just install everything how you normally would, but when in the mangosd.conf and realmd.conf you would normally put '127.0.0.1' for DB location, put the IP of the other pc.

Mind you, there is very little need for this unless you have over ~1500 players, in which case you ought to bloody well know how to do this already.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another solution could be a load balancer, although this will probably be too much for you since it highly requires technical knowledge and preferably linux programming skills.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is not a damn thing a loadbalancer will help you with. You cannot run two world servers on the same DB, and even if you could your players won't be able to see eachother. The same goes for your DB, the only benefit would be if you setup a replication scheme to a master and slave DB server, but then the slave will only be able to perform read-queries, making it almost impossible to use a loadbalancer since Mangos was not designed with designated read-only DB connections in mind - not to mention about 95% of all queries are update queries anyway so what little performance you gain would be directly lost by the overhead your loadbalancer puts in.

Really, if you don't know what the hell it is you're talking about, don't comment.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no what he means is he wants to run the server on one pc and have the databse on another, which is possible, set the server to connect to the db (change 127.0.0.1 to the database pc's internal ip) and then in db set the realmlist to the server pc. then makesure mysql on the db pc has remoteadmin enabled (to do so just reconfigure instance and when it gets to that part tick enable remote administration, then you can if you want to, install sqlyog or navicat or any other gui on the server pc and set it up to connect to the databse pc (also a good idea to make sure remote access is enabled)

Back