Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A working php register page using odbc for PT with captcha!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there as title states above, I've been working since yesterday reading configuration of the script that been written by Sandurr and migrate it with an existing odbc register with few editing and internal testing till it's working 100% without errors.

I am still learning how to convert/migrate an existing asp scripts that Sandurr wrote, if you have existing ones with working control panel for users/admin that would be great cause shot me a message I'll try convert the entire script to work with php or odbc or start one from scratch.

now you can use xampp or any application that listen to port 80 which host site
version of php I am using PHP 5.6.39

if you're going use other applications recommended to stop iis which will stop listen to port 80
then any application you download similar to xampp with PHP 5.6.39

How to make odbc work?
window key and search odbc data source 64 bit or 32bit whichever your system running.
where it says User DNS at your right side select Add... then select SQL Server Native Client 10.0

Code:
name: accountdb
Description:  <-- u can leave it empty
Which SQL Server do you want to connect to?
YourSQL\SQLEXPRESS
go to next, How should SQL Server verify ... select the second option where it says with SQL Server Authentication using a login id and password
by default you should remove "Administrator" and do this
Code:
Login ID: sa
Password: Your mssql 2005,2008 password <- remember pass is case sensitive
Keep connect to sql server to obtain.. checked then select next. then checkbox "Change the default database to: from the dropdown box select accountdb
keep the bottom two checked by default then select next and last thing of course you'll select Finish
You can do Test Data Source... message should says "Tests completed Successfully!" press ok. and then okay again
now you're done!

download the attached file below if you completed the steps above!

by default xampp wwwroot will be at C:\xampp\htdocs (delete all files here first) then extract
RegisterPT.zip C:\xampp\htdocs
it should look like
C:\xampp\htdocs\captcha
for captcha
reg.php in C:\xampp\htdocs

now edit reg.php with notepad++
find
Code:
 $pass="urpassword"; /* using mssql 2008, change your pass to a strong password is recommended! */
change urpassword to your own pass

go to your site 127.0.0.1/reg.php
check if it's working while it should if you followed these instructions so far and enjoy

Credits:
Original odbc script:
Wizkid A.k.A Solaire

Captcha including:
Phoenix

Rework/clean up by:
wutyes

Converting a fully working register ASP to PHP With few changes:
Myself.

.ASP register script written by:
Sandurr

This is just the beginning more to come in future.
Now enjoy if it did work, if you have any question or any problem feel free to respond here. :thumbup:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
nice one.

i rebuilt mine to require email verification, i'll do a sanitized release soon of that too.
Good means of stopping bots registering etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice one.

i rebuilt mine to require email verification, i'll do a sanitized release soon of that too.
Good means of stopping bots registering etc.

If you could share require email verification with us. I'll appreciate it, so I can include it with this simple register page.

Back