Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A3CharEdit utility v0.0.2(Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank all those guys that share their knowledge especially about the various binary files of the server. Whoever is willing to help, pm me, need help with the binary files.

Ok guys, here it is, download it and TEST it. DO NOT use on your live server, make backups first!!!!
And make sure you are using the 219 database, at least that's the one I use.

You have been warned!

V0.0.2Beta Features:
a) Character editing , stats, shues, inventory, wear items, skills

b) Itemsdb.txt , this is a CSV file to hold item codes and descriptions which are used inside the tool to display item description for inventory & wearing items.
(If anyone updates this file with known item codes pls share it)

c) specials.txt
another csv file in which you can store your frequently used item codes e.g. G10 sets, RN, Lartek etc. You can copy paste these codes to inventory or wear.

d) shues.ini
Self explanatory

e) Orphan chars detection
Detects chars that their corresponding account was deleted or renamed.

f) New account creation

**NOTICE**
Right click on Charname when in list window. You will get 2 options, one is new charedit and 2nd is the old m_body editor.

Config.ini file
Code:
[Database]
ODBC_DSN=A3
Username=sa
Password=ley

Set the odbc parameter to the corresponding ODBC entry which points to your charac0 table (ASD I suppose).
Program can be installed on your server or any other PC that has access to your SQL Server.

Code:
[MercDB]
MERC_DSN=HSDB
Username=sa
Password=secret
Under Development, don't touch it

Code:
[Paths]
ITM_Files=D:\a3server\Zoneserver\Zonedata\npc
I am messing with the ITM files, no use for you yet.

Download: http://forum.ragezone.com/f487/a3-219-server-gm-tool-632379/
---------------------------------------------------------------

ROADMAP - New features planned

a) Decode various binary files .itm , itemcombinationdata, monsters, quests, etc. and store all information in the database.
b) Binary file generation
Direct generation of ITM files, ItemCombinationData, etc. from the database.
c) Item codes database
d) Mercenary editing
e) Single click equip
e.g. Give chars full sets,shues, max str,dex,int without selecting items 1 by 1
f) Various automation stuff
e.g. Generate 100% drops files , generate monster files etc.
g) Whatever comes to my mind or anything you suggest

Last edited:
@work
Reaction score
CooL Share gonna test it now ! pm me your yahoo id , i lil talk with you

@work
Reaction score
I am getting this error.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is a great utility...very helpful...great job dude.

need mercenery editing...so eagerly waiting for the next realease.

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Patience....

chrissdegrece - A3CharEdit utility v0.0.2(Beta) - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
tested this utility and found it very helpful. It much better than that tedious SQL editing.

I have started working on Updating the Itemsdb.txt list. once done, will upload here.

Same for specials

You asked for the level wise and option wise codes for the shues, to get those codes i think we will have to take a level 1 shue ingame, then make it level 2 and note the code then for level 3 and so on... If someone have the codes then he/she can share otherwise, i will try to get all the codes.

Same goes for the skill codes. For every skill you learn the code changes so that will make huge list of codes. It's better to include the codes for skill scrolls.

There is one problem i faced with this utility.
We can change and update the shue eqip and skill info in database, but i am unable to edit my stats i.e. attack, defence etc.

Wz can be edited but it is not getting saved to database, after saving it shows wz same as before. Same for the char level.

Other things are good, but it will be nice if you increase the size of text that can be displayed in the Special items Tabs...
because if i write "Grade 10 HK Set" then it display only "Grade 10 HK".

Now coming to the Itm file editing part.
Can you add some option that on clicking "Edit ITM file" it ask the user to select some ITM file and then conver the selected file, that will be great if you can do it.
Same for the Monster Info and Maps

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
tested this utility and found it very helpful. It much better than that tedious SQL editing.

I have started working on Updating the Itemsdb.txt list. once done, will upload here.

Same for specials
That's great!!!

You asked for the level wise and option wise codes for the shues, to get those codes i think we will have to take a level 1 shue ingame, then make it level 2 and note the code then for level 3 and so on... If someone have the codes then he/she can share otherwise, i will try to get all the codes.

Same goes for the skill codes. For every skill you learn the code changes so that will make huge list of codes. It's better to include the codes for skill scrolls.

I mean , how do we understand how the options on shues and skills work, just like with items with bless or mount %
e.g.
a) +65536 = + 1 level to shue
b) +1048576 = All 6 attributes
etc.

There is one problem i faced with this utility.
We can change and update the shue eqip and skill info in database, but i am unable to edit my stats i.e. attack, defence etc.
Doesn't happen to me, can u send a video or show me somehow?

Wz can be edited but it is not getting saved to database, after saving it shows wz same as before. Same for the char level.
Same here, it works for me, check the screencast I attached to this post

Other things are good, but it will be nice if you increase the size of text that can be displayed in the Special items Tabs...
because if i write "Grade 10 HK Set" then it display only "Grade 10 HK".
Will make it user resizable

Now coming to the Itm file editing part.
Can you add some option that on clicking "Edit ITM file" it ask the user to select some ITM file and then conver the selected file, that will be great if you can do it.
Same for the Monster Info and Maps
ITM option is still under development, it should be a disabled menu option. At the end it will allow "mass" editing of ITM files, storage in database and re-generation.

Imagine to have a "special drops" event which can be scheduled!!

Items, Monsters and Maps I have no idea how to read yet, need help with these files.

Thanks for your comments

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
chrissdegrece - A3CharEdit utility v0.0.2(Beta) - RaGEZONE Forums

what is the basic cause of this error !?

Goodbye
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cos you haven't read the instructions about config.ini and haven't set the options properly.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
heyy plss help me with this wht to dooooooo ..... :*:

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
[Database]
ODBC_DSN=ASD
Username=sa
Password= (Your sa pass If u used "ley" then use tht )

[MercDB]
MERC_DSN=HSDB
Username=sa
Password= (Your sa pass If u used "ley" then use tht )

[Paths]
ITM_Files=D:\a3server\Zoneserver\Zonedata\npc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys can u please post the download link of latest version of gm tool i think beta one pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back