Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Acer Aspire 5610z video Upgrade

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I bought an Acer Aspire 5610z a few days ago, and it says that it can have "up to 400MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache" now, on te laptop itself it says that it has 128MB video on the sticker. when i check the display props, it shows me 256MB.. so im kinda confused about all this.. is there a way to get it up to the 400 that it says? and if there is, how?
thanks a lot..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, TurboCache is a cheap way of getting "extra gpu ram", all it really does is steal RAM from your system to act as texture RAM

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can normally increase and decrease the amount of system memory your GPU allocates in the BIOS. (Onboard video wise)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so basicly all i have to do is duck around in the bios and add the wanted vid amount from the ram to the vid mem.. right?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, i have checked the bios settings and there's nothing that i can change my vidmem with. if any of you guys can find anything with it, or how to get into maintenance mode (on pc's is easy.. but on laptops...) that would help..
then i have another problem.. this laptop has a bluetooth adapter buildin, and i tried downloading a bluetooth manager... i found one, but now it says that i dont have an adapter installed... if there a driver or anything i have to install for the Acer Aspire 5610z to make the bluetooth adapter show up? i downgraded to windows XP pro sp2.. maybe that'll help... everything else seems to work... just the bluetooth..

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what?!? it has a bluetooth but no drivers contact/check for driver problem (heck they build it, they should have put the driver aleast)

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your video memory might be dynamic (Memory allocated as its needed) in which case you wouldn't have to worry about it.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Definatly correct in that statement there, it seems as if there are problems originating that shoudl be fixed by the company you bought your computer from. Some problems should go through them first before being brought to an online forum. As warranty covers that, and you might do somethign to void it on accident.

Just somethign to watch out for ;) And bluetooth can be a major pain to enable sometimes by the way, have fun with it once you get it up and running.. contact Acer about it and see if they have a product download for the drivers on it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks guys, but uhm... i checked acer.com and only found one bleutooth driver.. for windows vista.. ._. only problem is, appears that windows vista doesnt see my bluetooth device/stuff in my laptop... now what ><

Back