Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

adding npcs to maps without ase.spc files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I just recently got the Pritator npc/map/item/monster editor so I can now add new npcs to maps and all that jazz.

Unfortunately, I want to add npcs to some more maps but not all of my maps have ase.spc files so I cannot simply add any npcs in pritator to them. For example say I just want a basic miscellaneous shop in ancient prison floors 2 and 3 or in forbidden land or oasis so my players don't have to warp to navisko, sell, then work their way all the way back to where they were before they needed to sell and repot.

I thought I could just make an ase.spc file for the maps but that didn't really work as planned.

Thanks in advance!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Each NPC must have a valid ID, if you created a SPC file then add a NPC manually his must have a valid ID so he could work normally else he would appeared there but you couldn't click on him :D

Look at this picture, NPC appeared but non-clickable (cursor was not change image)

dhcman5454 - adding npcs to maps without ase.spc files? - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm not good in Olly but I think that you must work with it :D (ex add a valid NPC ID for your map :D)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait so you have to go into olly to add an npc id? to the game or to the server? and how exactly would I find the map information?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In above example, I copied LostTemple.ase.spc to LostIsland.ase.spc then edit it with NPC Editor. The result was NPC appeared but non-clickable. In NPC tool there's a line which named "ID"... I think that it must be valid if you want that NPC works properly.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It must match the KOREAN name of the NPC.

And making a .spc file is simple, easiest is to copy an existing one and delete all NPCs from it before adding a new one... I usually create a file with exactly 50,400 bytes each of which is 0. GNU dd is good for this job, but most hex editors can create a file full of zero bytes too.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I can add a custom NPC, for example here is my NPC "Dolora", who sells Hairstyle potion.

Code:
*속성            NPC
*모양파일        "char\npc\SN-005\SN-005.ini"
*레벨            100

*이름            "DOLORA"
*Name            "DOLORA"

*잡화판매    bi116 bi117 bi118 bi213 bi214 bi215 bi216 bi217 bi218 bi219 bi220 bi221 bi222

*연결파일    "name\dolora.zhoon"

Then, I put her in the map by using NPC Editor:

Boom, she appeared in game :)

Well, "DOLORA" is not Korean NPC name or smt likes that :D So I think that I could add as much NPC as I want in map...

Then I realized that if I tried to add NPC whose id over last valid one will be appeared in game as normally but non-clickable. (Cursor will not change to balloon when moving on NPC and nothing happen when tried to click on :D)

For example, in Ricarten Town, last valid NPC Id was "8240"

If you tried to add extra NPC, you must add him/her by replacing some NPC slot before "8240" (47th NPC in Ricarten).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Code:
*이름            "DOLORA"

Translate please; the word . This is what I mean by the "KOREAN name".

That name takes prescience over *NAME, *J_NAME, *P_NAME, *E_NAME, *C_NAME etc. everywhere in the server files. But in places like this it is the *only* one of the many names you can give a "thing" which works flawlessly.

Of course, you could write your NPC code:-
Code:
*속성            NPC
*모양파일        "char\npc\SN-005\SN-005.ini"
*레벨            100

*이름            "돌로라"
*Name            "DOLORA"

*잡화판매    bi116 bi117 bi118 bi213 bi214 bi215 bi216 bi217 bi218 bi219 bi220 bi221 bi222

*연결파일    "name\dolora.zhoon"
If you want your Korean name to be written in Korean... (probably not a very good phonetic attempt; "돌올아" is also close to "Dolora")

It's best to use this name for items in the item tables of game client and server executables, and for monsters on the field, and either this name, or the item code for GM commands.

You can use any of the above names that may be listed in your server data files, but only this one "*이름" seems to be checked for conflicts and rejected by the server if any are found. "*이름" is the key field the server searches on... all other names are aliases for that name.

I hope that's clear.

Last edited:
Back