• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

advice on comuter

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to university next year and am looking for a reliable laptop. I was given the name of a model that the salesperson claimed to be reliable.

HP Pavilion Notedbook dv3-1077 ca entertainment laptop PC

Operating system installed
Windows

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As by looking at the laptop specs looks decent, what are you going to be doing on the laptop if just general note taking and paint diagrams and stuff like that, then the 20" screen is going to be your best friend all though the 7kg isn't :p
But it does look like a good machine, whats your price range?

Reaction score
Unless it is going to be bolted to your table at home 24/7, i would not recommend that. That screen is huge and it weighs a tonne, there is no way you will want to move it, let alone carry it in a bag to uni. Battery life won't be that great either.

Reaction score
How much? That is the question. It's far better then mine but really, it depends on the price. I've seen better for $700 and I've seen worse for about $450.

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How much? That is the question. It's far better then mine but really, it depends on the price. I've seen better for $700 and I've seen worse for about $450.

NoPeace - out

Yeah it depends on whats out there at the time.

Back