Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion 5.8

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi
I've already dealt with the safe zone in katalam.
I have one more problem, I have restored the quests in katalm, it's only about those in the bases. The problem is that the NPCs in the North Catalan can't see them, and where could the problem be?

selgro - Aion 5.8 - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Selgro!
Well, unfortunally i dont think it will be possible to bring back all those quests to this version.I've made some tests and looks like the NPC's Quest AI works in the source code.

If you would like to try by yourself, you should first edit your quest.pak to change the quest level, it's edited to 999 if i remember well.After you edit it in your client, you should do the same in your server.

There's a small chance that those quests files is deleted from your server files. So if this is the case, you can get those missing files from another server version.With this you'll be able to start this quest trough commands, but you will see that the quest description isnt right, if not missing.
So to quest work properly, you need to get all the quests HTML files that is located in L10N/data/Dialogs.

After those steps you can get the quests trough commands and complete them. Well, looks good but still remains some problemas like NPC's will not show the Quest Icon, you can fix it in your NPC.pak.Now after all this effort to get back those quests, you'll find the biggest problem in my opinion, you cannot set the quest in the NPC (Some quests will work).

Like i said before, maybe i can be wrong but i believe it's in Client Source Code.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi
It is possible to enter because in the southern catalm the quests
worked for me without any problems, as you can see on the screen,
but I can not read it in the northern catalan and I do not know why.
All quests are written in the client as well as on the emu side.

Thank you for your help and I have got the hints.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some quests will be shown in npc quest list but some quests will not. As you can see the quest icon is not showing correctly.

If you manage to get this to work, please let me know!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, nice Selgro!
Did you made anything else than the steps i mentioned before?
Do you have the campaign quests working properly?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The earlier steps you wrote about were done before
I was blocked by the file quest.pak
I didn't think this file might be blocking

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i'll take a look at this again one day.
The time i tried to add KT and DN quests i didin't get to work some campaigns quests.
Good to know you've made it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i'll take a look at this again one day.
The time i tried to add KT and DN quests i didin't get to work some campaigns quests.
Good to know you've made it.

As you can see in the attached screenshots, the quests work beautifully.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, and nice job :)

What source it is ?
Because it's not really easy to found a good emulator src in 5.8

Thx a lot in advance :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As you can see in the attached screenshots, the quests work beautifully.

Wow, so cool!

I recently added Katalam to my lacal 5.8 server (i am using https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/aion-5-8-emulator-improvement-community-project.1217684/ server side and NotAion 5.8 client btw), also planning to add Danaria, and I'm currently trying to make those quests work too for Katalam.

I have extracted quest.pak files from 4.6 EuroAion client and there's something i don't understand, where exactly is the file that is responsible for attaching quests to npcs? Or how quests are attached to npcs? What is the logic? I can see logic behind how trade/purchase lists are attached through a separate .xml file. But i cannot find it.

And how did you managed to add quests to npcs in Katalam?

UPD: I found the file that applying quests to npcs, it appears to be on a server side, and it's called katalam.xml, so i took this file from GigatR00n's server side and pasted it in the data\static_data\quest_script_data folder. I also found all the quests i could find from quest_data.xml from GigatR00n's AC-Game\data\static_data\quest_data and pasted it into my file. Tried to start a server and got this error:

Code:
02:42:31.335 INFO [main]: - ##### Start Loading Static Data 5.8 #####

02:42:41.384 ERROR[main]: - Error at [line=649, column=170818410]: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'category_name' is not allowed to appear in element 'quest'.

02:42:41.389 ERROR[main]: - Critical Error - Thread: main terminated abnormaly: java.lang.Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 649; columnNumber: 170818410; cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'category_name' is not allowed to appear in element 'quest'.

What the hell?
There's no 'category_name' in quest_data.xml in line 649, i only added Katalam quests at the end of a file, before that i had aт extra </quest> tag on a 60k+ line, but Game Emu Console, told exactly the right line. But not now:

1705454880783 - Aion 5.8 - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried to validate xml against .xsd schema and what i got is this:
"Type BonusType is not declared or is not a simpleType", AI suggested to run this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<xs:schema version="1.0" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<!-- Definition of BonusType as a simpleType -->
    <xs:simpleType name="BonusType">
        <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
            <!-- Add any additional restrictions or facets here if needed -->
        </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>

<!-- Include other schemas and elements as before -->
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../global_types.xsd"/>
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../import.xsd"/>
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../items/item_groups.xsd"/>

<xs:element name="quests" type="Quests"/>
    <xs:complexType name="Quests">
        <!-- ... rest of your Quests definition ... -->
    </xs:complexType>

<!-- ... rest of your schema definition ... -->

<xs:complexType name="QuestBonuses">
        <xs:attribute name="type" type="BonusType" use="required"/>
        <xs:attribute name="level" type="xs:int" use="optional"/>
        <xs:attribute name="skill" type="xs:int" use="optional"/>
    </xs:complexType>

Then i got 'The "include" element cannot be in this location' after Validating once more, and just got tired of constantly dealing with errors, pasted redacted file into a data\static_data\quest_data and got the same line 649 error with redacted file.

Any bright ideas please??

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back