Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AION Game server load objects problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Recently I have been using the AION emulator in order to improve my JAVA skills, making modifications and trying interesting changes, recently I ended up facing this error:
Exception in a Runnable execution:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.aionemu.gameserver.world.World.spawn(World.java:448) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.spawnengine.SpawnEngine.bringIntoWorld(SpawnEngine.java:212) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.spawnengine.SpawnEngine.bringIntoWorld(SpawnEngine.java:205) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.spawnengine.VisibleObjectSpawner.spawnRiftNpc(VisibleObjectSpawner.java:181) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.spawnengine.SpawnEngine.getSpawnedObject(SpawnEngine.java:103) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.spawnengine.SpawnEngine.spawnObject(SpawnEngine.java:86) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.services.RiftService.openRifts(RiftService.java:92) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.gameserver.services.rift.RiftOpenRunnable.run(RiftOpenRunnable.java:56) ~[AC-Game.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.commons.utils.concurrent.ExecuteWrapper.execute(ExecuteWrapper.java:46) ~[ac-commons-1.3.jar:na]
at com.aionemu.commons.utils.concurrent.RunnableWrapper.run(RunnableWrapper.java:38) [ac-commons-1.3.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_79]
It took me a few days to understand and solve the problem
One of the X Y Z axes of an NPC was above the allowed limit of the map, causing this to occur, always pay attention to the limit of these axes

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm also trying not to face these kinds of problems, but unfortunately sometimes I get stuck and it can be annoying, it's really great that you can solve it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error code you provided indicates that there was an error running a Runnable in Java code. The error is a NullPointerException, which means that an object is being tried to be used even though the object has not been initialized (has a null value).

More specifically, the error occurs at line 448 in the World.java file, which likely means that an operation was performed on a null object in the spawn method of the World class. This can be caused by a lack of initialization or checking whether an object has been initialized before use.

To fix the error, you need to track where the null object should be initialized and make sure to initialize it before use, or add null checking to prevent this error from occurring.

i see in your error for this but i dont know

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error code you provided indicates that there was an error running a Runnable in Java code. The error is a NullPointerException, which means that an object is being tried to be used even though the object has not been initialized (has a null value).

More specifically, the error occurs at line 448 in the World.java file, which likely means that an operation was performed on a null object in the spawn method of the World class. This can be caused by a lack of initialization or checking whether an object has been initialized before use.

To fix the error, you need to track where the null object should be initialized and make sure to initialize it before use, or add null checking to prevent this error from occurring.

i see in your error for this but i dont know
Hello I have a similar problem, if not the same

1714142502096 - AION Game server load objects problem - RaGEZONE Forums

aiMap.get(name) returns null because the is nothing to return because the variable is empty (not null). My question is: at wich point this variable is intended to get filled? I searched the whole project but cannot find the point where this happens to debug that. Any Idea what I can do here or where I have to look?
1714143527578 - AION Game server load objects problem - RaGEZONE Forums

1714143560481 - AION Game server load objects problem - RaGEZONE Forums

The only method that does putting something to that Map is registerAI that is only referenced once in postLoad that itself is never userd. Where this variable gets filled, or was intended to get filled, I wonder. Any help is appreciated :):
1714143963817 - AION Game server load objects problem - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello I have a similar problem, if not the same

View attachment 260364

aiMap.get(name) returns null because the is nothing to return because the variable is empty (not null). My question is: at wich point this variable is intended to get filled? I searched the whole project but cannot find the point where this happens to debug that. Any Idea what I can do here or where I have to look?
View attachment 260366

View attachment 260367

The only method that does putting something to that Map is registerAI that is only referenced once in postLoad that itself is never userd. Where this variable gets filled, or was intended to get filled, I wonder. Any help is appreciated :):
View attachment 260369
Try Check First In Static_Data Spawn or in script AI

Back