Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aions + pak +files +unpac + tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

First, hello to all the reverse engineering fans out there.

I've got the Korean beta client of this pretty little MMO, AION: The Tower of Eternity, all downloaded (had to download an installer first, then it downloaded the rest of the 2-something gigabytes of files). AION is based on the Far Cry engine, CryENGINE 1 (not the Crysis engine, though there are MMOs planned for that too). Most of it's files are in the .PAK format, but they're not behaving like Far Cry paks. I'm guessing NCsoft has either encrypted them (the PAKs) or changed the hex header of the file (like they did with the .OGG Vorbis files in Lineage 2). Above all, they used Themida to further encrypt the CrySystem.dll file.
managed to get an unpacked .dll, here's the link

Another unpacked .dll file can be also be found here

And here's a link to a .pak file from the client:

Info

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, looks a good notice, if i have free time i analize it :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am trying to translate just the korean client's interface.I sucsessfully extracted the pak files using python25 but now The problem is that how to re-pack the for example StringTable_Dialog.xml into Strings.pak

I extracted the orginal korea client's Strings.pak sucsessfuly but when i repack it with classical methods and change the repacked one with the original one in korea client i get some errors and cant solve the problem right now..so i stoped working on it till i found a different alternative repacking method.

Help Pls :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
o_O 06-18-2008

wth dude.. i don't think aion was around at that time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back