Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AMD Processor Installation

Reaction score
Hey

lately i've Been to the closest computer shop to get my computer fix and got a really really nice deal of a new processor

I got it for about 120.00 it's brand new not opened yet, but problem is he wont install, he only sold to me.

So 2 days after thinking of 'should i try itmyself' i look at a youtube video and saw you need some kinda gloves that takes away your static or something

Is that really needed?

Also im scared to install it :p the chip's buttom looks so sensitive

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey

lately i've Been to the closest computer shop to get my computer fix and got a really really nice deal of a new processor

I got it for about 120.00 it's brand new not opened yet, but problem is he wont install, he only sold to me.

So 2 days after thinking of 'should i try itmyself' i look at a youtube video and saw you need some kinda gloves that takes away your static or something

Is that really needed?

Also im scared to install it :p the chip's buttom looks so sensitive

No, those gloves are not required.

I've installed many, MANY processors, and never used any type of static glove.
Then again, I'm not the smartest person.

Are you sure your motherboard supports the new processor?

Reaction score
Nope, no static gloves are needed, just make sure you are touching the metal frame of your PC case at all times to ground yourself and prevent static electricity from ruining the chip. Also not recommended to do it on carpet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What motherboard are you planing for that procesor? Remember that the 9950 is a 140w CPU, so if your motherboard is only 125w(like most of the motherboards), you will fry it.
PD: Installing CPUs on a AM2(+) is very easy, so it should be no problem doing it yourself.
I will give you a tip, if you are scare of static, touch the powersupply(it has to be grounded) while ON, and all the static charge is gone.

Reaction score
What motherboard are you planing for that procesor? Remember that the 9950 is a 140w CPU, so if your motherboard is only 125w(like most of the motherboards), you will fry it.
PD: Installing CPUs on a AM2(+) is very easy, so it should be no problem doing it yourself.
I will give you a tip, if you are scare of static, touch the powersupply(it has to be grounded) while ON, and all the static charge is gone.

Ahh god tip, tell them to have their power supply turned ON while they are installing a CPU. You must be head technician at Microsoft or something!

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ahh god tip, tell them to have their power supply turned ON while they are installing a CPU. You must be head technician at Microsoft or something!

Lmao pwned.

Also, I don't think the wattage of a motherboard will kill the CPU, thats what resistors are for, and I'm sure there are precautions taken against things like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I never say to install the CPU while the power supply is ON -.-
i Say that if you want to discharge yourself from static you have to touch the powersupply while its on, and the grounded side is going to take all the static charge ...

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
It's fairly simple as others have said, hold the case at all times, just carefully take off the old processor and install the new one. Just make sure you line it up properly, processors go in one way only (from what I've seen) and there'll be a little arrow to guide you in what way to put it in. Drops down smoothly.

Reaction score

u can change watts in BOS

i contacted my ISP (they help with computer things too) and the dude said it's best i have DDR3 ram for this
and i should have a 120mm case fan

I have a 80mm atm

Reaction score
u can change watts in BOS

i contacted my ISP (they help with computer things too) and the dude said it's best i have DDR3 ram for this
and i should have a 120mm case fan

I have a 80mm atm

That's BS. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about, i suggest you stop asking your ISP for computing tips and just let them concentrate on providing you with internet... i hope then can at least do that correctly.

Reaction score
There internet is pretty slow :p but really reliable

Anyway, im tired of waiting should i just install it? i have nothing to lose ... except $120.00

Back