Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent Any idea what's happening here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using Ascent built on Linux Ubuntu.

I was having the problem at first of being disconnected as soon as I'd hit create character. (I fixed this using a repack SQL and now I can create a character and it saves.)

Now the problem is that when I hit enter world the bar fills and sits there forever. I've left it for more then an hour and it still doesn't log in to the world. There's no reports or errors in either the logon server or the world server. So, I'm stumped. This'll be the second private server I created the first was a RO server which was a pain in the butt with Eathena.

Anyone have any ideas or had this problem before and know how to fix it?

I've built this using the trunk SVN of Ascent. I'm using 2.4.3 for the client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
whats the rev of this version and, what database do you use.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mysql 5 and Ascent r5105/Release-Linux-X86 (ascentcommunity.com)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using 2.4.3

I got it running late last night. It turned out to be a problem of not updating all the Mysql tables. I used a repack and then didn't update the sql's with the updated ones in the trunk's sql folder. :) Hope this helps someone else, though, because I couldn't figure it out for a long time. I guess it was because I wasn't getting any errors showing on my logonserver or on the world server.

Back