• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Anyone know anything about internet speeds?

Q.G

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Q.G - Anyone know anything about internet speeds? - RaGEZONE Forums

Thats my current speed.. Is it good or bad? Im sick of downloading/ files at a max of like 300kbps a sec. A friend and I recently downloaded a 1GB file took me like an Hour took him like 15 minutes. Currently living with my parents so I can pay for my own internet instead of using theres so what should I be looking for when trying to find a new Internet Provider.

Edit: Im just now seeing the D+ on the pic lol so I guess that answers my first question.

Q.G

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah not good at all really,

What kind of computer is it?

How much RAM is on it?

May want to upgrade some components.

Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.60GHz
4GB RAM DDR2
Asus P5KPLCM
Nvidia GTX 275

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mmk here is your answer:

Find out what type of internet your house is currently running.

Chances are it will be either DSL (Landline phone connection), or Cable.

Either one of them will require you to upgrade the speed, and the upgraded speeds are 100% based on location. You have a maximum limit of feet away from the major NID in the area, and the further away you are from that device, the slower the speeds will get.

Talk with your parents, figure out what company they are going through and what internet package they currently have. Then you need to call that company, and ask them if you are available for a faster internet speed service.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That SpeedTest result means 379 KB/s would be the maximum speed you can download at, as 3.03 Megabits/s is 379 Kilobytes/s. I got speeds like that back in 2001, you should upgrade. Contact your ISP for pricing ;D

Last edited:
I'm-a ruin you, punt!
Reaction score
That SpeedTest result means 379 KB/s would be the maximum speed you can download at, as 3.03 Megabytes/s is 379 Kilobytes/s. I got speeds like that back in 2001, you should upgrade. Contact your ISP for pricing ;D

You mean the maximum speed the test accomplished. It’s not his maximum attainable speed; you would need to know his IP Profile for that and only his ISP could give him that. SpeedTest’s servers vary with their results due to many factos.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean the maximum speed the test accomplished. It’s not his maximum attainable speed; you would need to know his IP Profile for that and only his ISP could give him that. SpeedTest’s servers vary with their results due to many factos.

Yes... I did say 'That SpeedTest result means...'.

Reaction score
I’m not going to get into some e-faggot argument with you over what was and wasn’t said on the internet. You said it was the maximum speed he could download at, you most likely worded it wrong – Because you don’t know if that is his maximum speed.

Q.G - Anyone know anything about internet speeds? - RaGEZONE Forums

Troll.

Listen mate, you're a fucken jizz-stain on my bed sheet. Who do you think you are strolling into here talking poop like that, ESPECIALLY when you're not even in the right.

Her VERY clearly stated that the maximum speed he was quoting was based on THAT specific speed test.

Additionally, my speed tests are extremely accurate. My testing server happens to be on a close exchange so the tests are almost 99% accurate.

So how about you take your attitude somewhere else.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if computer is running windows 95, what matters is Mbps. Obviously the higher, the better.

Agree with this :thumbup:

Mine is 30mb, and took 1.7GB for only 7-9 mins. If you want to have a fast internet speed, get a good quality one.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What's the 3G network like over there ? :eek:tt1:

Actually, I'll grab my phone and find out real fast! One moment while I run it :)

.. Mind you, my phone is a Samsung Stratosphere (Rocks!), and supports 4g, which I only get about 40 minutes from my house. And currently it only connects 3G off and on, typically I'm just at a normal 1-3 bars at my house and where I work.

From 3g 1-3bar connection.
Results:

Download: 1893kbps
Upload: 693kbps
Ping: 187

Last edited:
Back