Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

anyone recommend a good 750 PSU's? and a crossfirex motherboard.

Reaction score
Well im planning to upgrade my system specifically:

• Motherboard (CrossfireX Ready)[AM3]
  • Power Supply(My current one is 550 cant Crossfire and the wires are too short).

Here is my system:

JaneX - anyone recommend a good 750 PSU's? and a crossfirex motherboard. - RaGEZONE Forums

and yes its very messy :D tried cable managing but the wires were not long enough to hide them xD

i usually shop at newegg and tigerdirect so anyone can recommend me a good 750w power supply and a crossfirex ready motherboarD(Am3)?.

here is my system specs btw:
JaneX - anyone recommend a good 750 PSU's? and a crossfirex motherboard. - RaGEZONE Forums

AMD Phenom II 955 X4 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR3 Memory
1GB DDR5 HIS ICEQ ATI video card.

my budget range for the PSU is:
$50-150.

And for the motherboard:
$100-150.

thanks in advance!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Search shopbot.ca for these items, as you'll most likely be able to find a much lower price that can be matched on NCIX.

I would also like to point out that you are using what appears to be an H50 with a quad-core CPU @ 2 GHz, a plastic graphics card, and a relatively bargain bin-grade motherboard so far as I can tell. Before you even consider Crossfire, you need to reevaluate your priorities. Is that a HAF series chassis?

Reaction score

Search shopbot.ca for these items, as you'll most likely be able to find a much lower price that can be matched on NCIX.

I would also like to point out that you are using what appears to be an H50 with a quad-core CPU @ 2 GHz, a plastic graphics card, and a relatively bargain bin-grade motherboard so far as I can tell. Before you even consider Crossfire, you need to reevaluate your priorities. Is that a HAF series chassis?

Thanks i will check :DD yes it is. is a plastic graphics card not good for crossfire? im no techy expert so pardon my stupidity xD.

i usually play Flight Simulator X, GTA 4, call of duty MW2 / sims 3 and some other games. for now im quite satisied with the graphic performance especially on my FSX game. tried some frame-rate increase tweaks but still not as the same on the videos on youtube(though some were played on a very high end machine but i really wanted to atleast have it there a little bit closer.)

and yes it is HAF series.

its actually 3.4Ghz but since i turned on the Cool and quite function, sometimes it appears as 800 at idle and some random digits on most times(whennotplayinganything damnspacebar not working again t.t))

all games mentioned are playable at avarage FPS. 35-40(not sure)xD but at medium-high settings (i want ultimate higher settings hehehe).

i play everyday 5-7 hours (with breaks but the game is running in short, AFK) so i choosed H50 since its performing well keeping my system coool xD. i tried custom water cooling but im afraid i might fry my system (water leaks blah blah).

so my point is, id like to increase my graphics performance just like the ones on youtube xD.

sorry if my words were quite confusing not too good with english.

thanks for the post though :D

Corsair PSU
Most mobos in that price range would be the same/similar

well most of the time i do some video editing, running multiple OS(virtualbox), testing serrver files on Mu online xD etc etc. b4 it was 8gb but with the applications demands, i have to upgrade to 16gb xD

and for the water cooling, mah room is quite warm and it feels like there's no AC during summer xD. cuz sometimes i have to leave the pc 24 hours to leave the running programs like when i play flight simulator i dont use time acceleration some flights were far have to leave pc 24 hour online xD

sry for bad english xD

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thanks i will check :DD yes it is. is a plastic graphics card not good for crossfire? im no techy expert so pardon my stupidity xD.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a plastic GU cooler, so long as the fans and heat-pipes are able to perform. However, when your graphics card looks like a cheap toy, that's a good indication that it will perform like one. It's not something I would recommend installing an enthusiast-grade PSU for. If you were to pick up a GTX 560, or a pair of GTX 550s at a much lower price, then it might be worth the investment.

janex23 said:
i usually play Flight Simulator X, GTA 4, call of duty MW2 / sims 3 and some other games. for now im quite satisied with the graphic performance especially on my FSX game. tried some frame-rate increase tweaks but still not as the same on the videos on youtube(though some were played on a very high end machine but i really wanted to atleast have it there a little bit closer.)

So long as you're not hoping to run games like Metro 2033 on higher settings, a single GTX 550 would probably suffice for most games. Keep in mind that if you do upgrade your graphics setup, you're liable to run into a CPU bottleneck, which could mean upgrading to the new AMD FX series -- the quad-core @ 3.6 GHz has a TDP low enough that an H50 would probably suffice, even if you were to overclock it a fair bit. With the Antec Kuhler 900 running in silent mode, my i7-2600K idles at 26 C, and only reaches 70 C after a lengthy Prime95 torture test.

janex23 said:
and yes it is HAF series.

The HAF 932?

janex23 said:
its actually 3.4Ghz but since i turned on the Cool and quite function, sometimes it appears as 800 at idle and some random digits on most times(whennotplayinganything damnspacebar not working again t.t))

In that case, your CPU will probably last you a while yet, thought there's really no reason you couldn't upgrade to an FX series CPU once you have the cash.

janex23 said:
all games are playable at avarage FPS. 35-40(not sure)xD but at medium-high settings (i want ultimate higher settings hehehe).

i play everyday 5-7 hours (with breaks but the game is running in short, AFK) so i choosed H50 since its performing well keeping my system coool xD. i tried custom water cooling but im afraid i might fry my system (water leaks blah blah).

so my point is, id like to increase my graphics performance just like the ones on youtube xD.

The HAF 932, as well as its siblings, happen to be an excellent choice for high-end graphical and water cooling setups, since they can dedicate their huge array of fans entirely to the GPU while any heat generated by the CPU is captured by your waterblock. You should have no problem running an enthusiast GPU, even in SLI with the new motherboard and PSU.

If "ultimate higher settings" is what you're aiming for, the MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk is one of the highest binned and highest clocked cards for the price point, although that's not to say you won't be paying a premium for it.

Reaction score
There's nothing inherently wrong with a plastic GU cooler, so long as the fans and heat-pipes are able to perform. However, when your graphics card looks like a cheap toy, that's a good indication that it will perform like one. It's not something I would recommend installing an enthusiast-grade PSU for. If you were to pick up a GTX 560, or a pair of GTX 550s at a much lower price, then it might be worth the investment.

So long as you're not hoping to run games like Metro 2033 on higher settings, a single GTX 550 would probably suffice for most games. Keep in mind that if you do upgrade your graphics setup, you're liable to run into a CPU bottleneck, which could mean upgrading to the new AMD FX series -- the quad-core @ 3.6 GHz has a TDP low enough that an H50 would probably suffice, even if you were to overclock it a fair bit. With the Antec Kuhler 900 running in silent mode, my i7-2600K idles at 26 C, and only reaches 70 C after a lengthy Prime95 torture test.

The HAF 932?

In that case, your CPU will probably last you a while yet, thought there's really no reason you couldn't upgrade to an FX series CPU once you have the cash.

The HAF 932, as well as its siblings, happen to be an excellent choice for high-end graphical and water cooling setups, since they can dedicate their huge array of fans entirely to the GPU while any heat generated by the CPU is captured by your waterblock. You should have no problem running an enthusiast GPU, even in SLI with the new motherboard and PSU.

If "ultimate higher settings" is what you're aiming for, the MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk is one of the highest binned and highest clocked cards for the price point, although that's not to say you won't be paying a premium for it.

thank you for your time :D yes soon as i have the cash hopefully i could get a good deal. my job at the moment isn't good enough to provide me extra bucks ^_^.

the CPU FX series is quite expensive for me(for now), maybe some other time hehehe.

again thank you for info and help :)

Reaction score
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Series. They are amazing single rail PSUs that can handle a lot of beating. They are a little more the Cosair PSU, but you are getting a more reliable, better built thing.

I used to run dual 8800Ultras and a heavily overclocked qx6700 for a few years and then I upgraded to a 3870x2 and been running that for the last 2 years. My Silencer has been holding up just fine without any problems at all.

NoPeace - out

Back