• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Asking for little guide :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My server is working well!, (mangos)

he's runnig for 9 weeks now ... and its going good.. but i have a question about using 2 servers on 2 locations :: Exempel :: My server ip mango.no-ip.info and the server from a friend of me. But can we connect them to one realm ?

Like mango server 1 and mango server 2 ???

Iam low skilled about databases... etc thets why i ask you!

Anyway iam good in lissining (reading)

Thanx ((anyway iam dutch .... thets why my engelish is little bit euhhh... ))

I hope on some answers... may it can help lot of other people's!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you asking if you can sync two MangOS servers and make them act like 1? If so, the answer is no, but you can have multiple realms.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
*damn computer double posted!? don't know why the hell it did that, seeing as i only pressed the button once...*

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with these new members?! STOP POSTING CRAP IN OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS!
...Anyways, moving on... I'm not sure how to set up multiple realms, as i have never done it, but I'm pretty sure there's a couple of guides floating around on the forum somewhere.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Wouldn't you just have to run 2 servers on your IP, with a different realm name?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is assuming you already have one server up and running..
ok, make a second mangos folder. For this example we will call our mangos directories "mangos" and "mangos2" copy the contents of "mangos" into "mangos2" so now you have 2 identical server directories.
Open up "mangos2" and then open mangosd.conf. edit these lines:
###########################
# RealmID must match the realmlist
RealmID = 1

WorldDatabaseInfo = "192.168.0.10;3306;root;root;mangos"
#############################
change the 1 to a 2 like so;
RealmID = 2

change the "mangos" to "mangos2" like so;
WorldDatabaseInfo = "192.168.0.10;3306;root;root;mangos2"

##############################

Now open up navicat or whatever database handler you use, create a new database, named "MANGOS2"
Go into your main mangos database, (probably called mangos) Highlight every table, left click and hold and drag to the mangos2 database.
Click "copy structure and data"
Now you have 2 identical databases. And 2 identical server directories.

Finally open up your Realmd Database. Go to the realmlist table.
Click the "+" or "insert record" enter the info there. Here is an example, of course you want to use your own INFO's Just make DAMN SURE you are using Id 2 and port 8086, and finally make sure the DBinfo points to the mangos2 database.
Like so;

ID Name IP Port Icon Color Timezone database info
2 ServerName IPADDRESS 8086 1 0 1 127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;mangos2

Now forward port 8086 through your router.
Use the realmd.exe in your MAIN mangos directory, then start the main mangosd.exe and then the second mangosd.exe, from your Mangos2 directory.
One realm server, 2 world servers. It works.

Take care, enjoy, and stay away from that dog food. =)

Jahvey

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wow. nice! Thanx alot

But what i mean!! My friend will runn the other server... but thets on a other computer with a other connection (Ip) and database... So, my connection is 490 kb/s upload .. when i have 60 pp.. i dont got lagg in the server, but my hardware from my computer is on he's max, so i need other server on a other connection (Thets the server from my friend, he will run it 2 from he's home )

I hope you guys understand me :) Iam not got in explain in engelish :D

Anyway very very very thanx for helping me!

May when i done it, i try to make a good guide for it... and let it rewrite it, (My siter ore somting)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is assuming you already have one server up and running..
ok, make a second mangos folder. For this example we will call our mangos directories "mangos" and "mangos2" copy the contents of "mangos" into "mangos2" so now you have 2 identical server directories.
Open up "mangos2" and then open mangosd.conf. edit these lines:
###########################
RealmID = 1

WorldDatabaseInfo = "192.168.0.10;3306;root;root;mangos"
#############################
change the 1 to a 2 like so;
RealmID = 2

change the "mangos" to "mangos2" like so;
WorldDatabaseInfo = "192.168.0.10;3306;root;root;mangos2"

Now open up navicat or whatever database handler you use, create a new database, named "MANGOS2"
Go into your main mangos database, (probably called mangos) Highlight every table, left click and hold and drag to the mangos2 database.
Click "copy structure and data"
Now you have 2 identical databases. And 2 identical server directories.

Finally open up your Realmd Database. Go to the realmlist table.
Click the "+" or "insert record" enter the info there. Here is an example, of course you want to use your own INFO's Just make DAMN SURE you are using Id 2 and port 8086, and finally make sure the DBinfo points to the mangos2 database.
Like so;

ID Name IP Port Icon Color Timezone database info
2 ServerName IPADDRESS 8086 1 0 1 127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;mangos2

Now forward port 8086 through your router.
Use the realmd.exe in your MAIN mangos directory, then start the main mangosd.exe and then the second mangosd.exe, from your Mangos2 directory.
One realm server, 2 world servers. It works.

Take care, enjoy, and stay away from that dog food. =)

Jahvey

OK THIS WORKS! :)

Thanx now the other haha, very thanx!

I going made a sticky guide of this :juggle: :busted_co :flag_schw

Back