Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Awesome compression!

Reaction score
A couple days ago, adobe shipped me Adobe Premiere (Pro), and Adobe Audition (didn't bother to install yet) and then i downloaded Adobe After Affects (trial) because i was too impatient for my school to send me a license :p

Anyways, when i installed adobe premiere, i realized it installed a codec with it aswell, so i thought i'd check it out. It's a pretty good codec

example:

Here is Camtasia's Codec:

Video Size: 58mb - HD 720p
Video Bitrate: 2400

Here is Adobe's Codec:

Video Size: 4mb! - HD 720p
Video Bitrate: 3000

And in the second video, it has alot more vibrant colours, instead of the first one where it only has a couple colours. Pretty awesome :D

Master Summoner
Reaction score
A couple days ago, adobe shipped me Adobe Premiere (Pro), and Adobe Audition (didn't bother to install yet) and then i downloaded Adobe After Affects (trial) because i was too impatient for my school to send me a license :p

Anyways, when i installed adobe premiere, i realized it installed a codec with it aswell, so i thought i'd check it out. It's a pretty good codec

example:

Here is Camtasia's Codec:

Video Size: 58mb - HD 720p
Video Bitrate: 2400

Here is Adobe's Codec:

Video Size: 4mb! - HD 720p
Video Bitrate: 3000

And in the second video, it has alot more vibrant colours, instead of the first one where it only has a couple colours. Pretty awesome :D

Thats really good actually, what was the time to convert and what extention does it use?

Lewis.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice tip how quick did there 1 min hd vid load it waas sweet

Reaction score
Thats really good actually, what was the time to convert and what extention does it use?

Lewis.

MPEG, layer 4 (mp4)

And convertion time, i don't even know :S
i just clicked publish movie, and done the file was created

But honestly, a compression, that is HD 720p, can be compressed in at 4mb per minute of vibrant colour video, that is well respected

I'm really getting into the media works effort, and creating special effects, so this will be helpful when im making huge videos
btw, i tried compressing a Widescreen movie (Transformers :p, not HD) which was around 2gb, and now it is 178mb and same quality
which is pretty awesome.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
MPEG, layer 4 (mp4)

And convertion time, i don't even know :S
i just clicked publish movie, and done the file was created

But honestly, a compression, that is HD 720p, can be compressed in at 4mb per minute of vibrant colour video, that is well respected

I'm really getting into the media works effort, and creating special effects, so this will be helpful when im making huge videos
btw, i tried compressing a Widescreen movie (Transformers :p, not HD) which was around 2gb, and now it is 178mb and same quality
which is pretty awesome.

Woah I wish people would encode with that codec more often :|

Lewis.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah, adobe premier never fails to amaze me with whatever it can do with videos... but my friend once made a really complex one that needed over 2 hours to render... but it was made after months of hard work, so its really nice.

Reaction score
cant be anything but H264, since nothing else can encode at high quality and keep the size low

i use Sony Vegas and After effects though so dunno what premier uses really

Reaction score
cant be anything but H264, since nothing else can encode at high quality and keep the size low

i use Sony Vegas and After effects though so dunno what premier uses really

I don't really know anything about media encoding, but all im sure about is that i chose compress/encode in MPEG4 (layer 4)

usually i wouldn't give a damn about what the encoding is aslong as it's good quality, but recently i've been uploading alot of videos, so 1min per 4mb, which is really awesome indeed, usually my videos are 5-10minutes = 20mb - 40mb :D

proof of encoding and video size:
TheAJ - Awesome compression! - RaGEZONE Forums

Back