Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bad time for HDD upgrades

Reaction score
Bad time to buy, good time to be selling. The prices have increased purely due to a lack of supply since the factories & roads are flooded. The actual manufacturing costs haven't changed, so retailers paid the normal price for them and are now making 4-5 times their regular profit margin.

Just as well i picked up a 1TB 2.5" portable USB3 drive 2 weeks ago for $70, it's now closer to $150 lol.

Reaction score
thats a good example, if i needed an HDD i would wait, even so the SSDs are now cheaper (for 60GB or lower) are under $100, so i plan on using them in my next build

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

That would've been tops £60 a fortnight ago... :*: thank christ I got my 1TB + 500GB external ages ago. God damn you mother nature!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Samsung f3 1tb was 40€ a week ago now its 100€+ here xD.

Reaction score
yea its all screwed up, but i think most SSD prices are good, the Patriot Pyro 60GB is still under $100

and i havent checked laptop prices, but i think it would effect them as well

Reaction score
That would explain the reason why I was confused the other day when I went looking to buy another HDD only to find them up in price by a ridiculous price.

Back