Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Best coding language for maplestory

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the best coding language for maplestory? Java? C#? A language that is efficient.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
greetings

it is known that assembly is efficient and modern, and scales very well to machine code with large cluster processing units, the likes you will deploy to your clients as a third party negotiator as well as a mediator controller

attempting to expand into the abyss of deep computing for maplestory will only hinder the newcomer on their perilous journey, which is intrinsically expected from one's bystander point of view

the arrangement of a buffered multiprocessing array in this particular case is very important as it relies on erwin's principle of deferential pooled networking in computer science.

of course, it would be trivial to implement a finite polynomial concurrency scheme but it's a bit far fetched to think lightly of erwin's principle in these circumstances, especially since you will be the foster of thousands of players in this context.

note that it is important to be in the proper position to capitalize on these supplementary processing units when the time comes because they will be elemental in determining the packet loss factor while decoding.

i hope this is of assistance to u in this thursday night

Last edited:
Reaction score
greetings

it is known that assembly is efficient and modern, and scales very well to machine code with large cluster processing units, the likes you will deploy to your clients as a third party negotiator as well as a mediator controller

attempting to expand into the abyss of deep computing for maplestory will only hinder the newcomer on their perilous journey, which is intrinsically expected from one's bystander point of view

the arrangement of a buffered multiprocessing array in this particular case is very important as it relies on erwin's principle of deferential pooled networking in computer science.

of course, it would be trivial to implement a finite polynomial concurrency scheme but it's a bit far fetched to think lightly of erwin's principle in these circumstances, especially since you will be the foster of thousands of players in this context.

note that it is important to be in the proper position to capitalize on these supplementary processing units when the time comes because they will be elemental in determining the packet loss factor while decoding.

i hope this is of assistance to u in this thursday night

they don't say it be like it is but it do

Reaction score
If you want to be lazy and piggy back off of existing code, Java is the most prolific. However if you are planning on writing your own source from the ground up, you'll want a language that is safe, fast, and lean, with soft real time requirements.

C++ is a fast native language with lots of power, and its lack of GC means cleanup of resources is deterministic and there are no GC pauses. However it is also a very unsafe language, and you can easily shoot yourself in the foot.

Java is a simple managed JVM language with a GC. It isn't very fast and it hogs your memory and GC pauses can come at the worst times, but it is a fairly safe and simple language.

Other JVM based languages. They share the performance issues of Java with the memory hogging and the GC pauses, but those languages can be nicer to use sometimes with fancy features, and can even integrate with existing Java codebases.

C# is a managed .NET language with a GC. Has similar cons to Java, but the language is more complex so you can do more cool things at the cost of a bit more learning. Very Microsoft oriented.

F# is another .NET language but using the functional approach. Certainly a bit difficult to learn, but who knows, maybe you'll like the functional approach.

Go is a lightweight language with a GC. Designed for concurrency you can make your server scale up to take advantage of all your cores with ease. The language is simple and easy to learn.

Rust is a fast native language with a heavy emphasis on safety. Has all the performance advantages of C++, but without any of the footguns. Has a fairly steep learning curve, although I believe it is worth it, as the safety features of Rust will ensure that your code is rock solid, leaving you with a code base that is vastly better than those written in any of the other languages.

Assembly is a hell hole nightmare where you write all the machine code yourself. Entirely non-portable and impossible to maintain, do not write your server in assembly.

tl;dr. If you're writing it from scratch, use Rust. If you're building off existing code, use Java.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
c# is what i recommend these days. c++ would been the best choice if it wasn't about creating for an illegal purpose (so much useful hours wasted to create something which will get dmca)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
c# is what i recommend these days. c++ would been the best choice if it wasn't about creating for an illegal purpose (so much useful hours wasted to create something which will get dmca)

I was thinking between C# or C++ but I guess C# since C++ lacks gc. Thanks everyone!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
People always suggest things like C++ here for these questions but no one sees that people that stay here for a while and ask these questions usually don't code. There's the occasional person that ventures in that's from another section and can program but they never stay for long and can probably do their own research. 9 times out of 10 the right answer to these threads is pick up any odinms source which is Java because they won't be able to customize it anyway.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The best programming languages for MapleStory would have to be Haskell or Lisp for sure. Welp, good luck..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use paint all the way.

I thought he'd be writting a Piet hello world program, how disappointed was I. Plus that would be an IDE, not a language

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I thought he'd be writting a Piet hello world program, how disappointed was I. Plus that would be an IDE, not a language

10,000 hours in Microsoft Paint IDE writing Maple code. :8:

Seriously speaking, any given person has the ability to increase their level of knowledge on any given topic. Don't limit yourself to a tunnel vision of java coding. Even if its to test and write Non-Maple programs, as lame as this sounds, if you follow through with it, you may then apply that increased understanding of the general ideas to your code.
If you're serious, then go pick up a book or google and research and then move up to something new; Java and Javascript, SQL, C and it's children languages C++ and C#, Groovy, Python, Lisp, LUA, Ruby or Perl and Lisp, (BTW learning how the f**k IDA, Assembler, etc works is sort of difficult but super worth it if you have time..) also this lol

one alternative is simply learning html and claiming to be a programmer cus it sounds cool.. ????.. Profit.?

Last edited:
Back