• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Best Gaming Rig for under 450$

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Before the flames pour in, I'm on a budget of 450$. I already have a thermal take 2 case, I can fit any graphics card, so space is not a problem. My monitor is set. (26 inch Widescreen Samsung/42 inch HD Widescreen). I have a EX100 Keyboard+Mouse I prefer to use in gaming. The main parts I need right now are.... Graphics card, Power Supply, Memory, and a HDD. I've been planning on buying a 9500 1GB GT, or 2 9800 GTX+. I already have the motherboard ready, which is my brothers old one :huh: which holds up to 2 9800 GTX+'s (I think, lul). I'm aiming for at least a 350 GB HDD, 650 PW Power supply, 2 GB Of ram, and anything above a 9500 GT. What would RZ recommend for my budget? I'm not sure if I should use those two screens posted above, as I'd be stuck with two leftovers. (17 inch laptop, 21 inch HP vs17e) Which I currently dual monitor on right now. Oh! And the games I want to run are... HL2DM, L4D, TF2, Resident Evil 5, and maybe MW2. :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would be pleased to share my intellect with you. But unfortunately you have failed to specify what type of motherboard your running. In sense we have no clue what wattage your power supply should be, what type of DDR you will need, in general we cannot suggest anything as of yet.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, haven't posted much on this forum in months. But they have pretty cheap gaming computers at cyberpowerpc.com, some are even as low as 100$ with not so well video cards, but you can upgrade it..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, haven't posted much on this forum in months. But they have pretty cheap gaming computers at cyberpowerpc.com, some are even as low as 100$ with not so well video cards, but you can upgrade it..

Don't let the flashy lights fool ya. They overprice their products because they are a retailer. I looked through them and some you could build for almost 1/2 the price.

Rip Akaruz
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't get Intel Pentium CPU :) Broke my pc within 3 months, mr HP man is fixing it now :)
Goodluck with your pc though!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Errr, it's a single core 2.6 GHz. I'm running a nVidia 760 iSli or something to that sort... I have to go and pick up the parts within the month, as they're waiting at my brothers. I plan on a 9600 GT, as it runs MW2 flawlessly on max settings.

Reaction score
Errr, it's a single core 2.6 GHz. I'm running a nVidia 760 iSli or something to that sort... I have to go and pick up the parts within the month, as they're waiting at my brothers. I plan on a 9600 GT, as it runs MW2 flawlessly on max settings.

No, no it does not. In fact, i would be surprised if it can run it AT ALL. It is an absolutely horrible card and I'm curious as to where you are getting your intel from.

"single core 2.66ghz" doesn't help, and i don't think a single core CPU can even run MW2.

To be honest you're looking at a complete PC re-build, especially due to your requirements for it. I suggest saving up and building a whole new system.

Back