Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best nVidia or ATI/AMD SLI Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
PNY QUADRO FX 4600 768MB W/ G-SYNC II OPTION CARD

AMD FireStream 9170 Workstation Video Card - PCIe 2.0 x16, 2GB GDDR3, STREAM Computing GPU

You don't even wanna know the price LOL.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Those cards are for 3D rendering software \ development.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Those cards are for 3D rendering software \ development.

Oh really? Sorry I don't know much about graphic cards I'm more of a software guy. Anyways good night.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
See how they are comparing 2x 280GT's in SLI against a single 4870X2. Yes the 4870X2 has 2 GPU's but it is still 1 card... 2x 280Gt compared to 2x 4870X2 will show you how badly It owns.

Keep in mind SLI = roughly 40% performance increase, while Crossfire = up to 80% increase.
yeah but that is the point - while ATI have 2 GPU's he ( the author of chart) compared to sli to have fair fight - 2 GPU's versus 2 GPU's. And yeah if you have small monitor then its useless to have SLI or Crossfire. and yeah - even if ATI is stronger nVidia have more fans and when nVidia will strike back ATI will fall... hard... (ouch)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the thing is far as im aware ati have support for 4 gpu's where the most nvidia can handle is 3 (and even thats shakey) so i'd go with dual 4870x2 if i was willing to pay out that much money

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[sarcasm] yes i forgot this, thanks for pointing this out to me[/sarcasm]

i doubt the bloody thing gains any fps over a dual sli setup

Reaction score
the thing is far as im aware ati have support for 4 gpu's where the most nvidia can handle is 3 (and even thats shakey) so i'd go with dual 4870x2 if i was willing to pay out that much money

Nvidia cards can use QUAD SLI but only on Vista. Attempting it on XP will just not work. Max on XP is dual/tri SLI depending on the cards.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
@ramu - yeah, that is where you're right - GX2 suffers from very weird virus: Microsluttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back