Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(binary/source) Client/Ebenezer Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
KO Client/Ebenezer Editor

Screenshots
IceMan1300 - (binary/source) Client/Ebenezer Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

IceMan1300 - (binary/source) Client/Ebenezer Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Description
"Ebenezer/Client Editor" is a tool that was developed that does exactly what it states. It edits the Knight Online client EXE, and the Ebenezer(game server) EXE.

For those of you who have seen my previous threads, this is not one, NOT TWO but... wait I miscounted... both of my previous applications combined to form one... SUPER APPLICATION, hereafter referred to as "sapp".

At the current time "sapp" can modify:
Client
- Game server port,
- Login server port,
- Version.

Server
- Server port,
- Level cap **NEW**,
- Version,
- Default database details (anyone else sick of creating a bunch of duplicate DSNs just so that the server's happy?),
- Including the DSNs from above, database username, and database password,
- The INI's filename (who knows, you maaaaay want to change it?).

"Ebenezer Editor" was developed because I was asked to release something; only thing I felt comfortable releasing was my version editor, so I decided to release that... however I'd lost the source to it in my last reformat. So it was time to re-do it, making it bigger and better than before. Yay!
"KO(.exe) Editor" was developed because someone did not take the initiative to learn from and expand on my source (which is heavily commented, and well - doing it myself, took less time to re-do than the release topic). So the client side of the editor was born.

Ultimately...
"sapp" was developed because I felt two separate applications was a bit too much, especially for version changes and what-not.

If you have any suggestions on additions, feel free to let me know here and/or add them yourself. :p

This is a development board, so I have willingly (*cough*, forcefully, *cough*) commented the source as much as I could (possibly bits here and there that weren't commented as I just missed them), and have attached a download for the source too.

Bear in mind this is coded in VB6 (that's Visual Basic 6!) to keep it simple, so if you do not have the VB6 run-times it is recommended you download them, however it should not error as I have included the dependencies in the binary archive.

Download links
Code:
Primary mirror

Binary: http://files.2-stars.net/2009/02/EbenezerClientEditor.binary.zip
Source: http://files.2-stars.net/2009/02/EbenezerClientEditor.src.zip

Release notes
In this release:
- Re-did the GUI to support both the client and the server, without using up too much screen space,
- Moved sub routines & globals in their own module, functions in another in an attempt to tidy things up a little bit,
- Added the level cap option to the server editor,
- Got sick of the editor bugging me all the time for file paths, so I added the ability to read/write to a settings INI, and then implemented saving & loading of "last known working" files.

If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to post them here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey!
ur proggy is cool, but i still have lil problem with 1 exe....
can u help me with it ?
ive unpacked it, and your proggy still cant tell me version and ports...
can u check it and tell me
login, game port and game version ?
ty for help.

heres link to unpacked exe :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like the unpacked EXE isn't exactly how it was before-hand.
This is a basic application which only works by reading/writing to particular offsets.

You can find any old (non-packed, NOT UNPACKED) KnightOnline.exe and use it with your server (I'm assuming you want it for a private server, because this is a development board) without having to unpack existing ones, and it will work fine.

Thanks.

PS: If you really wanted to, you could search for the offsets and modify them into the application. (open-source)
PPS:
Checked:-
Game server port: 15001
Login server port: 15100 (both default)
Version: N/A (have to cross-reference from a normal EXE to locate it, couldn't really be bothered sorry :p)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
failed to load control commondialog fron comdlg32.ocx may be outdated what error

Back