Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Building a Gaming PC.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey RaGEZONE...

I've been thinking for a while now of building a Gaming PC. I'm not really on a budget but I wouldn't want to spend over £700 as I have no experience in building PC's but would really like to build one, which good specs and ideal for online gaming.

I just want to know what I actually need to build a Gaming PC. I know that you need like a Motherboard, CPU Processor, Hard Drive, RAM etc but I would like a list if possible and what you would recommend me buying for me to have a perfect gaming PC. I would like it to be really fast but I'm not sure if i'm asking too much for around £700 really.

Please advise me and maybe link me to a place which has a half decent tutorial on how to build a Gaming PC or tell me if this is a really bad idea haha, Thanks.

Reactions: r63

SSD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is the 700£ including or excluding peripherals (display, keyboard/mice etc.)?

Google my name...
Reaction score
I'd say find yourself a friend who is experienced in what goes with what, I built my PC back in december at £1300, not including peripherals, he took what I was looking for and found the perfect stuff to go with it and then said to just follow the instructions that come with the motherboard and such as to how to install it all, now I have a very powerful machine. It's pretty easy to do it all really, you just need someone to make sure everything is compatible first.

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Reaction score
PC Buying guide, it's stickied for a reason. They are a little outdated with what parts to get, but it's all relevant info and complete list of what you need to build a PC.

As for the tutorial, again, there's a section for that. I have a complete guide on building & assembling a PC & the rationale behind the components.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and I can easily get a monitor etc so that wouldn't be a problem. I'll look into it, Thanks guys.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend me some parts I can purchase from Amazon which will all fit please? Like a standard case, motherboard, 8GB RAM, Intel i7 CPU, and a half decent graphics card?

Reaction score
Iono what you'll get for £700 as UK prices are usually higher, but here's a build which should be within range:

Intel Core i5-3570K
Ati Radeon 7870 PowerColor Myst Edition (preferred)/XFX/HIS/Saphire
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
8GB Crucial/Corsair/G.Skill/Geil/Kingston 1600MHz
240-256GB Crucial M4/Mushkin Chronos/Samsung 840 PRO
600W Silver/Gold Certified PSU Antec/Thermaltake/Corsair/Coolermaster/Silverstone/OCZ
Whatever case you want
Whatever CPU cooler you want
Optical drive

You don't need an i7, you won't be able to justify the extra $120. Get whichever brand of those you can get cheaper, they all perform the same. With the GFX card you want to get that Powercolor Myst Edition if possible because it's actually a gimped 7950 board so it runs alot faster than other 7870's. I think Saphire might also have them, you're looking for "Tahiti" chips. If you have the cash though, get a 7950 instead. You get Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with the 7900 series cards too so that's a bonus. The stock CPU cooler is fine if you're not over clocking but that board can cranck that unlocked chip up pretty high if you want it (mine runs @ 4.5Ghz) to so an aftermarket cooler would be a good choice.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rishwin. Some things on this list are cheaper on amazon, and some are cheaper on e-buyer so I'll order the different parts from them two sites. Do you feel I will be okay building this? I'm a complete novice at all of this. I should be fine right?

Reaction score
It takes your first time to become an expert. Literally. People poop themselves until they do it for the first time then realize it's easier than putting together an IKEA bookshelf (which i just had to do last night >_>).

General rule of building is everything has it's place, it will only look like it fits into places it belongs. You also don't have to force anything other than maybe the RAM. So if you find yourself trying to strong-arm a component to go in, just have a double-check & make sure that's the correct slot & that you have the correct orientation. Designers put in alot of effort to make every slot & port is unique so absolutely -NOTHING- fits into somewhere it doesn't belong (exception being plugging some headers like your power & reset switch onto motherboard, without the manual it can get a little confusing).

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah good, Thanks.

Anyway, I've decided to lower my budget because my business is going through a tough time at the moment.

Will all of this fit together?

Graphics Card:

Optical Drive:

Case:

Hard Drive:

RAM:

Motherboard:

Processor:

If I buy all of this, I can put it together to make a PC right? xD I couldn't find a cooler, would this do?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The processor comes with a fan...it will work unless you plan on overclocking the processor.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So I don't actually need a CPU cooler then? and will all them parts fit? Sorry I'm new to all of this.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket coolers and especially liquid coolers are mostly designed for extreme gamers that overclock to the max...when you overclock the cpu or gpu creates more heat and when it gets too hot the cpu bluescreens or shuts down to protect the hardware...

If you plan on keeping it stock..then the cpu fan that comes with the cpu is good enough. Make sure you have case fans though...at least one in the front pulling in air...and one on the rear pushing out air.

As for parts fitting...the mobo and cpu will work...and that mobo works with ram up to speeds of way over 1600 so that will work too....

You havent said anything about a power supply yet...you will need that too...

And personally..i would rather spend a little bit more on my graphics card to get a brand name I know...like MSI or Asus...

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the brand personally...so just saying "personally" I would get one "I" knew :)

Back